Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hideki Okisaka: Master '30s tailor !

Wild Root

Gone Home
Nice to see the suit! The last gentleman has it all down perfect but, he needs a hair cut.;)

They look good but, who here has the money for them? I'll stick to vintage till I make my frist million.

=WR=

pchong

New in Town
Here is another picture showing the raised arm of Okisaka-san, intending to demonstrate the high cut armhole. Would appreciate comments and opinions on whether you think this is high, or not good enough.

armhole.jpg

I think the shoulders are cut a little wider than the natural shoulder - and this results in the collapse of the sleeve when the arm is raised, but the armhole looks to be cut correctly and sufficiently high. In our discussion, he said that a high armhole is not good enough, but the shape of the armhole should be correct - egg shapped, if the translation was correct, and I understood that to mean smaller at the top and larger at the bottom, though was not sure about this as the message could have been lost in the translation.

geo

That's it! Enough! I'm getting a double-breasted black-and-white houndstooth suit presto! (and I'll wear it with a silk cream shirt).

kools

Practically Family
That's it! Enough! I'm getting a double-breasted black-and-white houndstooth suit presto! (and I'll wear it with a silk cream shirt).

Great look! But like Root said, there's only so much money that ever sees my pockets.

pchong

New in Town
um, yes...sorry for delay, but have been travelling...just returned from a week in Geneva.

3PieceSuitGuy

One of the Regulars
Wow!

Would love to be able to make a suit like that, and be able to dress that way every day. That is suit heaven, well as close as it gets without being actual vintage! Those suits are things of beauty!

Gotta look at that pic again!!!!

3PieceSuitGuy

One of the Regulars
How the cravat is tied

okisaka2.jpg

I believe it is a scarf or long cravat - hold the middle of the scarf around your throat, cross it over at the back of your neck and then tie a knot in it at the front. Tuck the ends into your shirt. Looks like a knot US sailors use to knot their neckerchiefs.

Cheers

Peter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana