Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Highwayman Finally Starting to Look Good

Xenophon

One of the Regulars
GREAT looking jacket Xenophon! Nice to see a non-standard color and the fit is impeccable. Long as the sleeves don't ride up too far when you ride, you're golden! Storm cuffs?

Worf

Apologies, just noticed your question now. No storm cuffs, just standard side zippered motorcycle closures on the arm. I agree that the arm length should have been a bit longer but otoh I'm not going to wear the jacket for riding my bikes anyway (just not safe enough), only as a town jacket when going for a drink or something. And yes, a major attraction was the color, I was getting fed up with blacks and browns. This one's so red you practically have to wear shades looking at it so I definitely got my fix here.

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Great to se some fellow bikers here and now I'm back in India I'll post a couple of pics of yours truly (looking much the worse for wear after doing Delhi->Bejing-->Sydney-->Delhi-->Brussels in 9 hellish days and nights) in the new limited edition red café racer from Aero that I just picked up. Comments on the fit are invited but I'm finally happy. This is a size 38 (in suits I wear a 38 slim fit) and I can wear a shirt+light sweater underneath should I wish to. I measure 5 ft 11 in, weight is 152 lbs. Will post detailed sizing info here when I get around to measuring stuff up.

BTW: I'm 40, ride an MV Agusta brutale 'Italia' 800 cc back in Europe (not wearing this, strictly synthetics only) and an Enfield thunderbird 350 cc here in India....different countries, different bike styles (to be honest, when I max out the Enfield at 110 kmph over here, it's a lot scarier and harder to handle the MV doing 250+ in Europe).

View attachment 5319

Hi Xenophon, that red cafe racer jacket looks great! I'm actually writing to say that I'm in the same boat as you - in my case I'm part-time in the US and part-time in South Asia (Eastern Himalayas), back & forth every few months, with some time in-between in Southeast Asia as well. And like you I have an Enfield over there (Electra 350 in my case, looking to get a Classic 500 next visit), and recently picked up an older BMW R100 here in the US after the untimely demise of my '06 Triumph Bonneville earlier this summer (thanks to lady in car jumping red light).

I spent some happy college years in Delhi in the 90s, used to ride an Enfield back then too. My wife was in Delhi a few weeks ago for a friend's wedding. I might be visiting too when I'm over there next, need to visit Karol Bagh for Enfield accessories :)

Oh and spot on about the differences in speed & riding styles!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot