Hillside leather jackets...any owners here?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by ton312, May 30, 2017.

1. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

I'm surprised at the weight, but it does look like you got an exceptionally thick specimen. The naked cowhide of mine was also soft and required no breaking in. Glad you got a good one, hell of a good price on it, too. Enjoy.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    PeterRocco likes this.
  2. PeterRocco

PeterRocco One of the Regulars

Hi
    Thank You.

3. PeterRocco

Hi
    I thinking
    Hi
    I'm thinking of having Hillside make me a custom jacket. I want the Heaviest thickest leather they offer. Is over 2 mill offered?
    Offered in Cowhide or Horsehide Leather?
    Any Help would be Great! Thank You
    Pete

4. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

Only Hillside can answer these questions.

dannyk, PeterRocco and ton312 like this.
  5. Stanley Stoots

Stanley Stoots New in Town

I ordered a jacket over a week ago and haven’t gotten a status update.
    Are they slow to ship? I’m good with a wait as long as I know how long.
    They seem to have inadequate customer service. No answer to emails, none calls, or FB messages.

6. PeterRocco

Hi
    The last time I ordered from them was about 6 years ago. They were Very Good then. Hope their Customer Service has not turned bad?

7. Stanley Stoots

They just seem generally unresponsive

8. PeterRocco

Hi
    Just remembered I e mailed them three weeks ago on a jacket question and still no response.

9. Stanley Stoots

not good. If I don’t get a response and /or the jacket in two more weeks, I’ll call my credit card company and kill the sale

10. PeterRocco

I agree. There is Fox Creek and Johnson Leather Jackets both are Made in USA.

11. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

You forgot to say Hi..........

12. PeterRocco

Hello
    Your Right. How You Doing?
    Keep Safe
    Pete

13. Jerry Morton

Jerry Morton New in Town

Coming in here a little late, but I hope my post will still be of some value. I just received a Hillside Leather American Bison motorcycle jacket. I also ordered the club vest and seamless chaps. Before I purchased I called and spoke to Joseph about sizing based on my measurements. He took all the time I needed to answer all of my questions and recommended the size he thought would fit me best. He was right on....everything fits like a glove. I have a friend with a Fox Creek jacket which is very nice as well, but Hillside offered a style that I liked better and the quality is as nice or nicer than Fox. The bison leather is much heavier than the Fox leather, but that's kind of an apples to oranges comparison. Anyway, my experience with Hillside was very positive and I am 100% sure I made the best choice for me. I would however recommend using the phone rather than email for communication.

PeterRocco likes this.
  14. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hey Jerry - Welcome to Fedora Lounge! Thanks for your informative post. Could you post photos of your new jacket here? If i am anything typical of FL folks, I have very limited knowledge of thier products. Consider posting a Fit photo in What Jacket are you wearing today thread as well.

15. PeterRocco

Hi
    Thanks for joining nice to meet you.
    I had Hillside about 8 years ago make me a vest with thick 2.0mm Leather. Sold it got too small for me.
    Hillside offers thick 2.0mm heavy leather much heavier then Fox Leather. They told me they don't have 2.0mm Leather.
    If I were to buy or have someone make me a leather jacket it would be Hillside. That's just me.
    pete

Guppy likes this.
  16. Jerry Morton

Jerry Morton New in Town

Thanks Pete....you too. Hillside claims that their bison is 1.6mm to 1.8mm thick. My jacket weights about 9 pounds, so I'm not sure I would want anything heavier than that. The leather has a beautiful pebbly texture and the fit and finish are as good as it gets. I'll post a picture in a day or two. Apples-to-apples, Fox Creek leather in steer or horse hide is about the same as Hillside, and from what I've seen, the quality is quite similar. But Hillside offers more styles and I was looking for something a little different than the standard biker jacket. Interestingly, I was told by an employee at Hillside that at one time they used to make jackets for Fox Creek.....I don't think that's the case any longer, but it says a lot about Hillside. In the end you can't go wrong with either choice.

PeterRocco and AeroFan_07 like this.
  17. PeterRocco

Hi
    Excited to See Your Jacket.
    Send Pictures when You Can
    Pete

18. Jerry Morton

Jerry Morton New in Town

Here is my Hillside American Bison Vented Biker Jacket. The size if 46 long....for reference, I'm 6' 3" tall and weigh 205 pounds.

Attached Files:

19. PeterRocco

Hi
    Thanks For Posting. It looks great on you and love the style The Fit is Perfect. That leather looks very thick and heavy. Great Choice. Would you mind saying how much it cost you?
    Thanks
    Pete

20. Jerry Morton

Jerry Morton New in Town

$629, but since I also bought chaps and a vest I got 10% off of my order. The bison leather is very thick, but very soft, and Hillside claims it's 40% stronger than cow hide.....break-in will be a pleasure.

PeterRocco likes this.