Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Bros Imperial Fit

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
To the people who said the proportions are off, off the top of my mind @Carlos840,

I found this other thread https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/himel-the-imperial.100703/page-6 where Tom71 posted his imperial, and the proportions seem somewhat similar no e.g. high pockets, low adjust or placement. Is this just a Himel design thing?

The chest pocket is high to be in proportion with and far enough away from the handwarmer pockets. If it were lower it would be too close to the handwarmers and all the pockets would all be too close together, and it would look funny. If the handwarmers were lower they'd be too close to the bottom yoke, which also wouldn't look good, plus you'd have to have shallow pockets if you went that route, so not practical.

I have one of these jackets, and trust me, you want everything to be exactly where it is. It all makes sense. The pocket placements don't look off or weird in person.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
If it were lower it would be too close to the handwarmers and all the pockets would all be too close together, and it would look funny.
You mean like this?

0B5F5D31-2F9C-4BD9-87F8-0D1934B1472D.jpeg

Or this?

9C803AFD-3314-49E9-B6A3-6723328A3150.jpeg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
To the people who said the proportions are off, off the top of my mind @Carlos840,

I found this other thread https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/himel-the-imperial.100703/page-6 where Tom71 posted his imperial, and the proportions seem somewhat similar no e.g. high pockets, low adjust or placement. Is this just a Himel design thing?

The Himel is literally supposed to be a copy of the Goodwear Imperial.
Personally i think that both Himels look off compared to the Goodwear below (not saying it fits me well, it was one size too big for me and was sold on, but the proportions are right.):

myWGgLi.jpg

ZerY0VV.jpg

Pocket placement, halfbelt placement, proportions, it's all "historically correct" on the goodwear, and its all "different" (i would call it wrong) on the Himel. Maybe he decided to change things but he still says "This pattern, provided to us by legendary artisan John Chapman" on his website.

newtojackets

Practically Family
Personally i think that both Himels look off compared to the Goodwear below (not saying it fits me well, it was one size too big for me and was sold on, but the proportions are right.):

myWGgLi.jpg

ZerY0VV.jpg

Pocket placement, halfbelt placement, proportions, it's all "historically correct" on the goodwear, and its all "different" (i would call it wrong) on the Himel. Maybe he decided to change things but he still says "This pattern, provided to us by legendary artisan John Chapman" on his website.
Not saying the Himel is right or wrong, just saying Himel’s seems to be somewhat consistently made that way

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Not saying the Himel is right or wrong, just saying Himel’s seems to be somewhat consistently made that way

Maybe it is, but it looks nothing like the jacket he claims he is copying!
His website clearly states : "Rarely is a historical leather jacket so perfectly designed that we decline to update the pattern for contemporary wearers. This pattern, provided to us by legendary artisan John Chapman, is the exception to the rule."

He literally did update it and it now looks nothing like the historical leather jacket made by legendary artisan John Chapman.

So yes, there is consistency between the Himel jackets, but that consistency is not consistent with the claims posted on the website.

Brandrea33

One Too Many

myWGgLi.jpg

ZerY0VV.jpg

It’s so interesting how we all interpret what looks too big or too small, because to my eye that looks like the perfect fit.

Is this the size 46 jacket that Terry has in his You Tube video?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
It’s so interesting how we all interpret what looks too big or too small, because to my eye that looks like the perfect fit.

Is this the size 46 jacket that Terry has in his You Tube video?

Yes it is, i am usually a 42 (41" chest).
Honestly, it was too big in every possible direction shoulders too wide, arms too large, chest was a good 2" too big, bottom hem was HUGE (you see it from the back).

It felt like i was wearing somebody else's jacket...

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Yes it is, i am usually a 42 (41" chest).
Honestly, it was too big in every possible direction shoulders too wide, arms too large, chest was a good 2" too big, bottom hem was HUGE (you see it from the back).

It felt like i was wearing somebody else's jacket...
I used the like button … although I strongly disagree with your assessment of the fit. I wish I had a jacket that fit that well.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
You know that jacket was sold to someone who is 40lb (18kg) heavier than me, and it fits him perfectly.
If 40lb of extra human being fits in that jacket it didn't fit me well...
Well we will have to agree to disagree Carlos.

I showed your picture here to my wife and three of her girl friends and they all thought it looked “perfect”.

I guess there’s no accounting for poor taste lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy