Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Bros Imperial Fit

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You replaced the monte?!!!? Why? With what!??
C0A54F97-5B85-4A5B-A242-D94F1FB8943B.jpeg

2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Widebody.
In the in the Monte Carlo was just cooler than I was I guess. I don’t know enough about old cars to keep her running right and in the end I caved and went for modern convenience.

View attachment 463807
In the in the Monte Carlo was just cooler than I was I guess. I don’t know enough about old cars to keep her running right and in the end I caved and went for modern convenience.
Yeah old vehicles are a labor of love for sure. Huge time investment for the fleeting moments of joy they give as intended. I get it!

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah old vehicles are a labor of love for sure. Huge time investment for the fleeting moments of joy they give as intended. I get it!
So true, I think my mom put it best when we were cruising around San Francisco in the Monte Carlo one afternoon: “ I think these cars are cooler to admire from afar than they are to own or ride around in”.
I argued that point fiercely but I have to admit there is a lot of truth in what she said.

So true, I think my mom put it best when we were cruising around San Francisco in the Monte Carlo one afternoon: “ I think these cars are cooler to admire from afar than they are to own or ride around in”.
I argued that point fiercely but I have to admit there is a lot of truth in what she said.
100%. The best times I spent with my bike were polishing it (stoned immaculate) in the garage. Riding it was great for the twenty minutes prior to my spine poking through the top of my skull.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 463807

I get it. Cool replacement as well! If I decide to sell a car it´s usually no looking back. I made that ONE mistake that I still regret though...

Jackets is easier. But then I have like 30 of them and not just THE ONE...

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
View attachment 463807
Love these. Had a real softspot for the Challenger slimbodied Scat Pack when it was launched. Last of these beasts we will ever see I fear....

ChienChilla

Familiar Face
Hi everyone. I sent the jacket back to Himel for adjustments, and now I have it back. When I sent it back, I emailed them with a better description of how I wanted the fit to be, as well as pictures of my Aero for reference. I asked Dave what exactly they changed, and he said they made it tighter and trimmed everything down (no specific details). It definitely feels less loose now, and the sleeves are at a more ideal length, but does the body still seem long?

Attachments

• B8E802EE-2EB3-415D-B53B-AF8F01735648.jpeg
    B8E802EE-2EB3-415D-B53B-AF8F01735648.jpeg
    460.6 KB · Views: 218
  • 9E8F9E08-5E9B-46ED-AED8-577B05AFB69C.jpeg
    9E8F9E08-5E9B-46ED-AED8-577B05AFB69C.jpeg
    498.7 KB · Views: 219
  • 08A1CD94-8FD1-49BB-BE8A-A15224B818BE.jpeg
    08A1CD94-8FD1-49BB-BE8A-A15224B818BE.jpeg
    454 KB · Views: 217
  • 038C20DC-2AB3-440D-939D-226720A892CF.jpeg
    038C20DC-2AB3-440D-939D-226720A892CF.jpeg
    404.7 KB · Views: 213
  • 85960F8F-AE1C-4651-A74D-A0C9157B670A.jpeg
    85960F8F-AE1C-4651-A74D-A0C9157B670A.jpeg
    473.7 KB · Views: 203

newtojackets

Practically Family
Hi everyone. I sent the jacket back to Himel for adjustments, and now I have it back. When I sent it back, I emailed them with a better description of how I wanted the fit to be, as well as pictures of my Aero for reference. I asked Dave what exactly they changed, and he said they made it tighter and trimmed everything down (no specific details). It definitely feels less loose now, and the sleeves are at a more ideal length, but does the body still seem long?
Looks much better now imo

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

To me the body is still too long, it should IMO not be as long as an untucked shirt, if it was shorter you wouldn't get the bunching in the middle of your back.
The fact that you are wearing low rise jeans make that jacket even longer, the jacket should finish just below your belt, not halfway down your crotch.
If it was me i would remove between 1" and 2" in the body on your next one.

The arms and general width look good though now.

How tall are you and how long is the back?

ChienChilla

Familiar Face
To me the body is still too long, it should IMO not be as long as an untucked shirt, if it was shorter you wouldn't get the bunching in the middle of your back.
The fact that you are wearing low rise jeans make that jacket even longer, the jacket should finish just below your belt, not halfway down your crotch.

I am between 5’7” and 5’8”. The back length of the jacket is about 24.5 inches.

Is the bunching in the back due to the length? My Aero does the same thing when zipped, and the back length on that one is 23 inches. Dave did say the Imperial is supposed to be longer though because it’s a sport jacket.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family

I disagree, I think it looks perfect. Not everyone likes a shorty-short jacket

newtojackets

Practically Family
Liking a long jacket and elongating short jacket designs to make them long jackets are two different things.
I have nothing against long jackets by design, i don't like the modern trend of elongating short designs, it kills the porportions.
I don’t know too much about this style but Chienchilla said Himel said it’s a longer style

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I don’t know too much about this style but Chienchilla said Himel said it’s a longer style

Well when John Chapman designed that pattern it was not a long style:

ZerY0VV.jpg

That jacket was 1 size too large for me, but you can see the proportions are completely different.
IMO that Goodwear Imperial has "correct" vintage proportions, the Himel above looks too elongated to my eyes, the body is almost as long as the arms!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ