Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Bros Imperial Fit

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I'm seeing it differently

Himel vs Field Leathers

View attachment 476118

Himel vs ELMC

View attachment 476119

Anyway, as mentioned above my point was about the chest pocket being closer to the handwarmer pockets and the claim that it would look funny. I don't see what's funny about it.

dude give it a rest, take a break from your computer. Have you been outside yet today? I personally prefer the Himel, get over it. People can have differing preferences, doesn't always mean either party is wrong. Personally, your jackets look like ladies jackets to me, but I realize some guys are into that, and that's just fine and dandy

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
How does the jacket on the right look like a ladies jacket? Wait, is this Stu????

071A9960-FB9D-4E56-8571-6C5A5250D2E7.jpeg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
dude give it a rest, take a break from your computer. Have you been outside yet today? I personally prefer the Himel, get over it. People can have differing preferences, doesn't always mean either party is wrong. Personally, your jackets look like ladies jackets to me, but I realize some guys are into that, and that's just fine and dandy

This vendetta is pathetic.

Forget this site, the leather jacket world, and anything like that. Anyone who is knowledgeable about clothing and fit will say that the jacket at left is poorly proportioned, especially vis-à-vis the wearer.

Short jackets are great. Long jackets are great. Cropped jackets that should be long look terrible (I’m reminded of the early-2010s shrunken suits here). Stretched-out jackets that should be short look terrible.

For all of your projection about how we demand everything be short to fit our 1930s costume wardrobes, a recent thread had someone asking for feedback on his Lewis Lightning, which was extremely disproportionate for the opposite reason (the customer had them make it extremely short, when the Lightning is a longer jacket by design.)

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
For all of your projection about how we demand everything be short to fit our 1930s costume wardrobes, a recent thread had someone asking for feedback on his Lewis Lightning, which was extremely disproportionate for the opposite reason (the customer had them make it extremely short, when the Lightning is a longer jacket by design.)

and for every post or thread like that there are dozens and dozens of "too big" or "too Long" "should be 1 or 2 sizes smaller" etc etc comments whenever some poor unsuspecting fellow posts pics in a new jacket asking for fit advice LOL. I mean sure, occasionally man bites dog, and a broken clock is correct twice a day...doesn't make you right.

So which point are you trying to make?...you're simultaneously bashing me for disparaging short jackets (which I wasn't doing, I just said they're personally not to my taste), while at the same time trying to challenge me by saying short jacket bashing is de rigueur
here. You're all over the place chief LOL.

btw - you need to go look up the meaning of the term "projection", you're cluelessly misusing it

Last edited:

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
How does the jacket on the right look like a ladies jacket? Wait, is this Stu????
LOL, oh I don't know, that it's cut about an inch above the waist maybe? Don't get me wrong, I love ladies jackets. My wife owns a couple

Last edited:

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Perhaps you should borrow one

I don't know. I'm afraid I'd become a little too pleased with myself in it, and take to posting dozens of proud selfies here every chance I got. Kinda like that other fella here

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If something is too big or long, I'll say it's too big or long. And by "too big or long" I mean for the design. I like a lot of boxy or oversized designs myself, and they look terrible when someone downsizes for a specific pit-to-pit measure. I'm the last person to insist upon a measurements list regardless of garment.

If something is downsized (like most posts about jeans on other forums, complete with a whole laundry list of denim myths), I'll call it downsized.

It's really that simple. You've made a line in the sand here about how this jacket, which was clearly yet another case of a blisteringly-expensive yet half-assed Himel, somehow must be perfect, thus anyone who critiques it must be committed to a specific aesthetic.

A lot of brands in this "workwear" space sustain themselves solely on cultivating an online cult following that blinds itself to any actual concerns, because the right buzzword leather/denim/construction technique was used.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
you're simultaneously bashing me for disparaging short jackets (which I wasn't doing, I just said they're personally not to my taste)
No that's not what you were saying. You were telling me to take a break from my computer when I was trying to substantiate my personal views using visual comparisons.

Meanwhile you are substantiating your views by calling us maniacs and weirdos who wear lady jackets.

Instead you could have shown us how you like to wear your jackets and why that works for you, or grab some pics from the internet of guys that you think look good wearing their halfbelts. Then we could have a meaningful conversation. Now all you're doing is trolling, really.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
if the OP was totally happy with the remake this thread would have stopped at p4, the fact he was not 100 on the remake, then we just gave our honest opinions and views about things we personally like and dislike, some have similar taste, some have different taste, some doesn't really mind about such details, all fair opinions, and then since the maker refused to do another remake, then case closed... everyone including the OP knows it's not an ideal fit, no need to cheer him up by naming everyone else who chimed in when the case was still open as maniacs who wear period correct pants and like to wear women jacket, because both claims are baseless.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
No that's not what you were saying. You were telling me to take a break from my computer when I was trying to substantiate my personal views using visual comparisons.

Meanwhile you are substantiating your views by calling us maniacs and weirdos who wear lady jackets.

Instead you could have shown us how you like to wear your jackets and why that works for you, or grab some pics from the internet of guys that you think look good wearing their halfbelts. Then we could have a meaningful conversation. Now all you're doing is trolling, really.

sorry, I'm not interested in the douchey move of posting 'side by side' pics of myself next to pics of someone else in their jacket as if to say "this is how it's done son". I mean really man, why are you so intent on trying to make another guy feel like crap about his purchase??

It's one thing to offer an opinion if asked, but you're taking to another level of toolbaggery.

btw - the comment you quoted was in response to someone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner