Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Bros x Freenote Cloth Avro Horsehide Jacket size 40

Superglu

New in Town
The Himel Bros Avro is in my opinion the greatest double-rider leather jacket money can buy, and the Freenote Cloth collaboration version adds unique features like a stunning repro linen lining and red Japanese denim pocket bags and cuffs.

This jacket is essentially in brand new condition - the smell of the leather is still fresh. I'm selling it because tragically it's too small for me. You can get it (only this size left) on the Himel Bros website for $2,850 plus taxes/duties or you can get it here for a $1,000 discount.

Size 40 (fits like a slim M)
Price: $1,850
US shipping only (included in price)

Measurements:
Length: 25"
Shoulder: 18"
Chest: 21"
Sleeve: 24.75"

---

- Made in Japan replica 1940s zippers, featuring decorative leather welts. All pull-tabs come with leather grips and decorative spot work.
- Internal tobacco pocket.
- “One Hundred Tigers” reproduction 1950s 100% linen liner.
- Red 10oz Japanese denim pocket bags and internal cuff.
- Kidney belt area, underarms, and cuffs lined with smooth buffalo leather.
- Underarm expansion gussets for expanded range of arm motion.
- Guterman 100% cotton thread, 16/4 gauge, from one of the oldest continuously operating thread companies in the USA.
- Bench-made in Toronto, Canada, by Himel Bros. team of master craftspeople.

Named for the legendary English-Canadian aviation company, this jacket’s design springs from two rich sources: Aviator’s jackets, and early D-pocket motorcycle jackets. Incorporating features from both styles makes the Avro both a highly functional motorcycle jacket, as well as a powerful aesthetic statement. The Avro is designed after early Leather Togs jackets, a small shop which produced more innovation per square foot than any other turn-of-the-century leather brand. With many moving parts and small pieces of leather, the Avro is the most complex pattern in the Himel Bros. catalogue. Features include the D-pocket, historically used to contain handguns or maps, a beautiful sunburst-style back, typical of early 1930s Canadian sport jackets, and a cool chinstrap tucked beneath the collar. The jacket is constructed from a heavyweight Horween American horsehide tannage, custom-tanned for Himel Bros. to accurately represent the characteristics of toughness and wear typical of early motorcycle jackets.

These limited-edition Avro jackets are lined with a reproduction “One Hundred Tigers” print from the early 1950s, customized by Freenote with vivid red accents. This liner is made from 100% linen, for a cool and comfortable jacket perfect for all the variations of California weather. The pocket bags and cuffs are made from a red Japanese 10oz denim, and the jacket is reinforced at points of stress with smooth Canadian Buffalo leather.

IMG_0347.jpeg
IMG_0348.jpeg
IMG_0351.jpeg
IMG_0352.jpeg
IMG_0353.jpeg
IMG_0354.jpeg
IMG_0355.jpeg
IMG_0358.jpeg

JohnG518

New in Town
Would love to see how this fits! Could you post a fit pic or two? Dangerously close to my size….

Superglu

New in Town
Thanks, I appreciate the compliment! It's fine with just a t-shirt but it's hard for me to layer under it, which is something I'd need to do more often than not since I live in New York and it's either too hot or too cold most of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff