Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Brothers Leather Co.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Great video, thanks for the link.

I watched it again. What an interesting story, interesting man. I understand folks here have met him? Check out racks and bins of vintage leather jackets. I noticed a Classic Windward. I have the books he is referring to and can imagine what a pile he owned. I would guess he has a pretty nice pile still. I am member of his facebook page. I haven't posted on there for some time. Maybe I will post my Heron...difficult to find a vintage piece he hasn't seen.

Does he have an art or design background?

Benj

One of the Regulars
I went to Inspiration Los Angeles last year, very excited to check out Himel's stuff in person and to get measured up in person by the man himself in case I wanted to make a future order. I was really disappointed when I was wandering around his booth for a couple minutes mindlessly fondling some stuff, and he just kept talking to another vender next to him and seemed to show now interest in someone who was clearly interested. Maybe just an off day.... should I try again this Inspiration? I was especially surprised since I had talked to him on the phone for like a half hour, and he is very passionate about his jackets and doesn't pull punches, which I like.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I went to Inspiration Los Angeles last year, very excited to check out Himel's stuff in person and to get measured up in person by the man himself in case I wanted to make a future order. I was really disappointed when I was wandering around his booth for a couple minutes mindlessly fondling some stuff, and he just kept talking to another vender next to him and seemed to show now interest in someone who was clearly interested. Maybe just an off day.... should I try again this Inspiration? I was especially surprised since I had talked to him on the phone for like a half hour, and he is very passionate about his jackets and doesn't pull punches, which I like.

Dave is usually very willing to share his broad knowledge and experience. Try again this year.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
liking that neck to shoulder drop on that kensington, and how the band collar is attached/ cut ( I suppose it is a curving piece of leather not just a straight strip)

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
Ah well, it’s hard to get them in Germany. Buuuut, just in December they had this coupon on Himel for one weekend for an extra sale of 20% on all Himel jackets here: http://www.cultizm.com/specials.php?cat=c175_Himel-Brothers.html
So the Avro was 1300€...
They currently have a Kensington size 44 and a Heron size 46 for 1539.00 euro's, they deduct 245 euros VAT tax for shipping outside the EU which in USD is $1300. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Last edited:

A-1

One Too Many
They currently have a Kensington size 44 and a Heron size 46 for 1539.00 euro's, they deduct 245 euros VAT tax for shipping outside the EU which in USD is $1300. Winner winner chicken dinner.
Aaaaaand they have a 15% voucher at the moment!!! Even on the sales! If it fits you, now is the time!!

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A few weeks ago, I made a New Years resolution to buy fewer jackets this year. Yeah, right!

Allow me to introduce my next jacket . . . . the Himel Frobisher (I'm in love):

Himel%20Frobisher%20Front_zpsqg1fjfvf.jpg

Himel%20Frobisher%20Back_zpsisv8bbij.jpg

pawineguy

One Too Many
A few weeks ago, I made a New Years resolution to buy fewer jackets this year. Yeah, right!

Allow me to introduce my next jacket . . . . the Himel Frobisher (I'm in love):

You should be, I'm repeating myself but that is perhaps the best collar I have seen. It's large but the proportions and execution are absolute perfection.

Will you get it in the goat?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
the Himel Frobisher (I'm in love):

me too...

I thought you were getting into some Vintage wear? this isn't the way to do that, but it does look real tasty. Is this a new creation?

love is a fickle master, temptation abounds on these pages.

Last edited:
You should be, I'm repeating myself but that is perhaps the best collar I have seen. It's large but the proportions and execution are absolute perfection.

True! Collar is the first thing that caught my eyes, how cool it is, and I've never seen this jacket before. Super, I salute your taste!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic