Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Brothers Leather Co.

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
The way the USD to CAD has been lately I'd seriously consider this new creation, if he'd only priced his jackets in Canadian dollars.

Attachments

• himel.jpg
    himel.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 300
  • himel2.jpg
    himel2.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 351

Denton

One of the Regulars
One of the things I like about Himel is that he has gotten this far without making a conventional half-belt with a straight zip. It will be interesting to see how this new design will stand out.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One of the things I like about Himel is that he has gotten this far without making a conventional half-belt with a straight zip. It will be interesting to see how this new design will stand out.

True. Dave told me that this half-belt will incorporate some less traditional/conventional elements. I suspect the back and/or bottom will have some interesting design elements. It will definitely be based on a vintage piece. However, like FW, Dave likely selected a vintage jacket with some interesting lines/styling.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man, all those jackets are crazy gorgeous but... I wouldn't know how to wear half of that stuff.

Completely agree. Several of Himel's jackets are works of art that I personally could never pull off -- his Grizzly in particular . On the other hand, his Heron, Kensington, Avro and Canuck are very wearable.

Reactions: A-1
Kensington was probably the first leather jacket I've truly fallen in love with - not the J100, but the Kensington. I still remember when I was looking for images of Cafe Racers, having just learned what the style was called, when this popped up:
dsc_0876.jpg

Had no idea it was based on anything at the time, it was just the coolest thing that I had ever seen. Still is, perhaps. But then I saw the price tag, wiped a tear and proceeded to schottnyc.com...

10/10, would wear every day.
12145195_1482490998719602_1786065490_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats