Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Canucks vs. Freewheelers Brakeman

JDelage

Familiar Face
All,

First time post here, but I've done a lot of reading the last couple days. I'm curious if someone could give me the key differences between the canucks and the brakeman. I find that it's surprisingly easier to find detailed pictures of the Japanese made coat.

Thank you.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The biggest difference is the lining . . . the FW Brakeman has heavy wool lining and storm cuffs . . . the Canuck has whatever lining you specify (I specified light weight cotton) and no storm cuffs. The heavy wool lining was a deal breaker for me because I live in a warm climate.

The FW Brakeman has rather wide shoulders in relationship to the chest sizing . . . the Canuck has a more traditional shoulder to chest ratio, and can be altered as appropriate.

The FW Brakeman sleeves are on the shorter side . . . the Canuck has whatever sleeve length you specify.

The FW Brakeman has a slight dip in the center front . . . more so than the Canuck.

The FW Brakeman has a upper chest pocket . . . the Canuck does not.

The FW Brakeman is only available in black and light brown (unless you are very lucky and stumble across a used limited edition Auburn) . . . the Canuck is available in many different leathers/colors.

The FW Brakeman can be customized for an additional $1,000 . . . there is no additional charge to customize the Canuck.

Hope that helps.

JDelage

Familiar Face
Very useful, thank you. Do you know whether the 2 coats are the same length?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I did not know you could customize the brakeman. What are you allowed to alter on it? Can you change the lining as well?

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very useful, thank you. Do you know whether the 2 coats are the same length?

They are similar length wise. Look at posted dimensions for exact differences.

I did not know you could customize the brakeman. What are you allowed to alter on it? Can you change the lining as well?

I do not know what level of customization is allowed. Contact Desolation Row.

JDelage

Familiar Face
Something I just noticed: the canucks front panels are made of 2 pieces, whereas the FW Brakeman's are made of a single piece each.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner