Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camaro1967

One of the Regulars
Anyone familiar with this jacket?

If not, it's kind of a Buco J-100's oddball variety with an off-center side-zip, more of a leather shirt than a jacket. I know it was originally inspired by Score Sportswear out of Canada and, if I recall correctly, there is a picture included in Rin Tanaka's A Century of Leather Design.

I also know before Himel Bros. updated the website earlier this year, this was one of the jackets that was previously listed. After the update, however, the jacket appears to no longer be a regular offering.

I recall DH in another thread said, however, that any of the previous designs could still be made. But when I dig around for more information, looking for fit pics, reviews, anything, it seems this particular style hasn't received much attention. And the pics I did find, for example, seem to be shorter and skinnier dudes.

Anyway, I'm really digging the style and wanted to hear from anyone more familiar with it concerning fit, function, etc. Attached are several pictures I could find, but obviously if you have some of your own, that would be even better. Thanks!

Attachments

• Score-Jacket_6.jpg
    Score-Jacket_6.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 606
  • Score-Jacket_5.jpg
    Score-Jacket_5.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 594
  • Score-Jacket_4.jpg
    Score-Jacket_4.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 597
  • Score-Jacket_3.jpg
    Score-Jacket_3.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 619
  • Score-Jacket_2.jpg
    Score-Jacket_2.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 625
  • Score-Jacket_1.jpg
    Score-Jacket_1.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 606
  • Score-Jacket_wild.jpg
    Score-Jacket_wild.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 643
  • score-sportswear-dan-auerbach-black-keys.jpg
    score-sportswear-dan-auerbach-black-keys.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 793
I also would like that particular jacket but can’t help with info. I can say that a few Levi’s in a very very similar style, with that S type swooping zipper pop up on eBay not infrequently. Believe there is one out there now. Obviously not a Himel but you can maybe test out the style at a cheaper rate. If it were my size I would have started down that path.

Bobby Peru

One of the Regulars
Creative execution of the zipper, but I would have to have it constantly zipped. I don’t think it wears well unzipped.

That score jacket is akin to a pullover in my opinion. It would certainly be cool to see one posted and reviewed here. But that Brimaco. Man he's the only maker on the planet that executes that repro and it's a personal favorite of mine. If I were in the market it would be the Brimaco without question.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I love this design. I don’t zip my jackets too often; afraid it’d look silly. If you zip up, go for it! I have the same conundrum with the J-31 repro. Looks the business, but a huge risk to order without trying on first. A risk I’d take if I could afford one.

Camaro1967

One of the Regulars
The zipper all the way up is a non-issue for me.

I think one of the reasons I like this jacket so much is that there are endless copies of the standard Buco J-100, but it's less often you see any explicit deviation from it.

It may be hard to pull this look off, I don't know. But I just love the jacket. Anyone who wears this thing is basically giving the world a middle finger while enjoying what they are wearing. Makes me want the jacket a little more now.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love this design. I don’t zip my jackets too often; afraid it’d look silly. If you zip up, go for it! I have the same conundrum with the J-31 repro. Looks the business, but a huge risk to order without trying on first. A risk I’d take if I could afford one.

The J-31 and all other variations are certainly unique, I am looking hard at the Centinela from Freewheelers :)
Is there a maker doing the J-31 repro as standard, or you would order it as a special custom?

Edit: Should have thought of RMC, is it the one you are looking at?

The zipper all the way up is a non-issue for me.

I think one of the reasons I like this jacket so much is that there are endless copies of the standard Buco J-100, but it's less often you see any explicit deviation from it.

It may be hard to pull this look off, I don't know. But I just love the jacket. Anyone who wears this thing is basically giving the world a middle finger while enjoying what they are wearing. Makes me want the jacket a little more now.

There are many options to achieve this :D

Getting back to this one, do you ride? That would certainly make it much more useable. Otherwise, always wear it zipped up, and use it as a pullover.

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I feel like I've seen a couple of vintage designs with zippers configured like that. Interesting but not practical or useful for my life.

I like it. Zipped up, it's not that outrageous. Don't think that many people would even notice the location of the zipper. I'd wear it.
Honestly, Grizzly still seems like a jacket that's far more difficult to pull off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot