Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Wolverine Grizzly Inbound!

pak

One of the Regulars
I don't feel so bad if the barrister does not know the meaning. The definition seems to be a contradiction.

tblay

One of the Regulars
Looks like it's going to work out great for you! I'm waiting on a Himel as well right now, and it's killing me...

Any time you get the fiancé's permission, you've got to pull the trigger!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Looks like it's going to work out great for you! I'm waiting on a Himel as well right now, and it's killing me...

Any time you get the fiancé's permission, you've got to pull the trigger!

Haha, absolutely!

What did you order from him?

tblay

One of the Regulars
A Kensington in Seal Shinki. I have a Cafe Racer addiction, though I'm hoping this will cure it. My fiancé hopes so too. :D

singer

Familiar Face
Hey SF, is that your brown Forbisher up there too?

I believe that's my Frobisher, @handymike! Tracking says it will be to me in SF on Tuesday.

I ordered it in Shinki, oil tan medium brown, leather facings, brass hardware, khaki cotton twill lining...all those seem to check out. (A few other customizations not shown. I'll post the details.)

I did ask for grainy, and it seems...super grainy. It's a bit hard to judge because the photo is so fuzzy/low res. The lighting & shadows make it seem almost too grainy in some places, but that could just be from the intense lighting.

Frobisher Oil Tan.jpg

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I believe that's my Frobisher, @handymike! Tracking says it will be to me in SF on Tuesday.

I ordered it in Shinki, oil tan medium brown, leather facings, brass hardware, khaki cotton twill lining...all those seem to check out. (A few other customizations not shown. I'll post the details.)

I did ask for grainy, and it seems...super grainy. It's a bit hard to judge because the photo is so fuzzy/low res. The lighting & shadows make it seem almost too grainy in some places, but that could just be from the intense lighting.

View attachment 51016
That looks incredible! The grain looks gorgeous.

tblay

One of the Regulars
I hear you. Personally, I'd rather pay that much to have one (okay, two) jackets I wear a ton than pay the equivalent to have four or five I'm constantly rotating. But that's also because I live in a place with, essentially, 2.5 seasons (cold, warmish, hot). If the weather here fluctuated more, I'd want a jacket for each type of precipitation/pattern. To each his own collection.

singer

Familiar Face
He makes great stuff, but those prices are off the scale.

Prices are in line with the the leading makers of Shinki jackets. (Well, one master charges less, but arguably doesn't charge enough!)

Now that Himel offers other leathers, it's easier see how much of the prices is owing to the costly Shinki leather. You can get a Frobisher in veg tanned goat for $1375, and in other premium horsehide for well under $2k usd.

Speaking of, looks like I have a little package from Canada a bit early. Should I open it? :)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]A couple quick phone pic as we're covered in fog, and the daylight here is almost gone.

I'll post some fit pics when I get a chance in the separate Frobisher thread.
Shinki Frobisher Med Brown Oil Tan - 1.jpg Shinki Frobisher Med Brown Oil Tan - 3.jpg Shinki Frobisher Med Brown Oil Tan - 4.jpg

[/FONT]

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Prices are in line with the the leading makers of Shinki jackets. (Well, one master charges less, but arguably doesn't charge enough!)

Now that Himel offers other leathers, it's easier see how much of the prices is owing to the costly Shinki leather. You can get a Frobisher in veg tanned goat for $1375, and in other premium horsehide for well under $2k usd.

Speaking of, looks like I have a little package from Canada a bit early. Should I open it? :)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]A couple quick phone pic as we're covered in fog, and the daylight here is almost gone.

View attachment 51137 View attachment 51138 View attachment 51139

[/FONT]
Gorgeous! Yeah, knowing what goes into a Himel jacket as well as other top makers, the price is worth it.

I just got mine and it could not be more perfect! I'll get some good pictures up in a new thread tomorrow.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Now that Himel offers other leathers, it's easier see how much of the prices is owing to the costly Shinki leather. You can get a Frobisher in veg tanned goat for $1375

Where can I find this jacket? I have several Shinki jackets and would love a veg-tanned goatskin jacket. I didn't see it on his website.

View attachment 51137 View attachment 51138 View attachment 51139

[/FONT]

Fantastic looking jacket. Though is the chest pocket always placed this high?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael