Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOLIDAY TIES! Tartans and whimsical emblematics!

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
HOLIDAY TIES!

Even if you're not Scottish Tartan ties are an American holiday classic. Luckily, I have some beauties to pass on today just in time for the holiday season!

As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING within the USA, and OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME, especially on two or more ties!

1) Anderson tartan. Vintage, and absolutely beautiful. All wool, woven in Scotland. Originally sold by "The Country Squire" of Lake Placid, New York. This DOES has a small hole on the underside which won't be seen when worn, and so is in Very Good condition. 2 3/4". Asking just $12.

2) Macintosh Hunting tartan. Wool. Vintage. By Lochcarron, and so made in Scotland. Absolutely beautiful! 2 3/4". Excellent condition. $15.

3) Watson tartan. Wool. By Lochcarron. Excellent condition. 2 3/4". $15.

4) Very dark forest green tartan with a shadow pattern in black and berry red overchecking. Absolutely beautiful! Wool; no maker listed, but almost certainly Made in Scotland. 3". Just $15.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
MORE HOLIDAY TIES!

5) Earl of St Andrews tartan. By Lochcarron. Wool. Made in Scotland. This does have a hole on the underside about 3/4 of the way up; this won't be seen at all when this is worn. Very Good condition. 3". Asking just $12.

6) Black and red tartan tie with cream overchecking. hand made in the USA. Cotton. 3 1/2". Very Good condition. $12.

7) Anderson Modern tartan by Lochcarron. Wool. Made in Scotland. This has a tiny pinhole in the knot area on the front, which won't be seen at all when worn. But it is there, and so this is in Very Good condition. 3 1/4". Just $12.

8) Red Holiday Tartan by Bert Pulitzer. Made in the USA. This has a couple of tiny spots on the front which blend into the tartan, hence Good/very Good condition. 3 1/8". Just $10.

9) Stewart Dress Tartan. Claimed

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
YET MORE HOLIDAY TIES!

Just as Tartan ties are an American holiday tradition, so too are Emblematic ties an Ivy/Trad tradition.... and I have several to pass along today!

1) Robert Talbott Hand Sewn tie featuring a Holiday Gnome! Whimsical and lovely, this was originally sold by the family-owned tailors of J. D'Apolito's & Sons in Far Hills NJ--a firm that still runs as a custom tailors! made from 70/30 silk/polyester--a blend that is perfectly within the canon for emblematic ties--this is in excellent condition.
2 3/4". Just $18. CLAIMED

2) Santa playing golf! Likely silk and polyester, this is by Cape Cod neckwear. Excellent condition. 3 1/2". $15.

3) Christmas Trees! By Hallmark--but still all silk and Made in the USA! Excellent condition. 3 3/4". $12.

4) Yachting Santa--for your Christmas at the Vineyard!
1f609.png
;) made by Cape Cod neckwear, this is a blend of polyester and silk. Excellent condition. 3 1/2". $15. CLAIMED

5) Vineyard Vines snowmen. PLEASE NOTE that this does have a faint smudge on the blade, hence just Good condition. All silk. 3 3/4". $10.

6) Let It Snow snowman tie. Hand made, all silk. Made in China. Really just a tie to please your small children.... and one you let then grab without concern!
1f609.png
;) 3 3/4". Excellent condition. $10.

7) Holiday penguins. A wonderfully enjoyable tie! By Excello Cravats. Unknown fabric; possibly silk, or a silk-cotton blend? This has a single thread "bump" on the front and so is in Very Good condition. Just $12!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner