Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Holy grail of holy grail suits

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamianM

Vendor
I saw it and passed it by earlier.
When you post Holy grail of holy grails It must be more interesting
Not being mean or rude. I was really expecting a super holy grail suit with amazing fabric, crazy pleats, and many more features.

Other then my disappointment Its a great conservative belt back.
Love the single peak lapels

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Not being mean or rude. I was really expecting a super holy grail suit with amazing fabric, crazy pleats, and many more features.

I guess it depends on ones tastes then. I guess I should've retitled since it's a holy grail suit to me only because it's details are in accordance of my specifications for a dream suit.

cpdv

One of the Regulars
I guess it depends on ones tastes then. I guess I should've retitled since it's a holy grail suit to me only because it's details are in accordance of my specifications for a dream suit.
makes sense with your name. Now if it was a jazz suit in size 38 in perfect shape...

Guttersnipe

One Too Many

Hmm . . .

- Peaked lapels
- Sporty eachine edged lapels
- Woven and multicolored pic striping, on a blueish/teal field
- Four deep pleat/vents from the belt to the shirt shoulder back (and except for the shirt back shoulders, it would also be a box back)
- Interesting belt loop treatment
- Made-to-measure label

. . . you're a tough one to please, dude!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Yeah, the style features of this suit are right up my alley. But would its less than pristine condition keep it from attaining Holy Grail status? It kinda does for me.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
It is lovely - but too bad about the condition.
I agree with A.C. Lyles. It would be a desirable suit, possibly a holy grail, if it were in a better condition.

What I like are the cut and details. But frankly, the fabric is not that ideal for this kind of "fancy details" in my opinion.
Looks like a greenish cousin of the German black/navy structure stripe fabrics (often also with such "dotted stripes" that I wouldn't call flecks) used for afternoon/evening suits.

broccoli said:
Great how they buttoned it wrong for photographing?

Where is it wrongly buttoned?

Broccoli

One of the Regulars
Okay, now I saw the other posts too. I don't personally like the look, at least not on this jacket. Others that I've seen had looked so very natural so I had not given it much thought. I hope I did not come of as un-informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn