Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOLY GRAIL? /What fedoras are you pining for?

AndyR

One of the Regulars
As much as I enjoy wearing my first and only felt fedora (granddad's), I realized last summer that I'm really addicted to straw. I'd like to get a nice Milan in the spring. I don't like spring and summer at all (winter guy), but the joy of wearing straw seems to get me through those seasons.

I have 2 7X CB's, one is 50''s model & other is much younger. The youngster feels just like my 100 & they are both from the same period.
The older has been thru a refurb but I would not associate "floppy" with it.

Thanks, good to know. Maybe "floppy" isn't the right word. I want a snap-type brim, not a stiff Western brim, and hopefully a fairly shapeable crown.

An original Victorian flat top in my size. Perhaps even a modern repo since I haven't gotten around to one of those yet either.

eff05d.jpg

The absolute holy grail for me & one that I would go deep to get would be an original Confederate soldiers slouch hat with provenance, and my great-great grandfathers name inside. I already know it won't be in my size.

o88eac.jpg

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, good to know. Maybe "floppy" isn't the right word. I want a snap-type brim, not a stiff Western brim, and hopefully a fairly shapeable crown.
My 100 in Open Road style has a firm brim (not "stiff" per se) and a relatively soft, very moldable crown. It is very nice, I just prefer the hand of the 7XCB (I have one western and one open road), but it very well could be that my 7XCBs are slightly older than my 100. Can't go wrong with either.

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
image.jpeg I'm easy...I always wanted a Lock & Co Sandown Trilby....Out of my price range....My wife found me one last Christmas....It still knocks me out...it is so soft and just feels and shapes great....

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, I thought of you when I got this one. Later issue (post 1960?) Stetson 100, 3 1/2" brim. The brim is very stiff compared to the older 100 I own, which has a 2 7/8" brim.
I'm looking for that 7X CB Open Road, myself.

I can't express the felling of this.
A nice thought for me.
Is it a 7 1/4 - 7 3/8?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR