Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOLY GRAIL? /What fedoras are you pining for?

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Well look at that...I got both the Optimo and an OR.

Time to update the Grail list....hmm....7x Clear Beaver Open Road, or an Optimo 1000 Silverbelly.

Still looking for these....Currently digging Optimo's gunsmoke in the 1000 line. And Art now offers an undyed true Silverbelly. But that's really more of a "if I won the lotto"/sudden cash windfall kind of hat.

Would still love an old 7xCB thin ribbon. And certainly an early Boss of the Plains would be great. I certainly would go after a 40's Playboy if I spotted it too. oh, and of course, black Boss Raw Edge (thin ribbon, campaign bow).

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Not exactly a holy grail, what I've been after for some time is a Strat, preferably in cream, but ivory or a sandy beige would suffice. But, (there's always a but,) but most, if not all Stratoliners have a slim hat ribbon like the one pictured, I specifically want a broad ribbon.
strat.jpg

Not exactly a holy grail, what I've been after for some time is a Strat, preferably in cream, but ivory or a sandy beige would suffice. But, (there's always a but,) but most, if not all Stratoliners have a slim hat ribbon like the one pictured, I specifically want a broad ribbon.
View attachment 132928

Just a simple, and relatively inexpensive, ribbon change away. If your color choice extends to Silverbelly your options really open up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 132928

Then you don't want a Stratoliner.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

My list from 2014/2015:

I do not own a Strat of any ilk, so that's kind of top of the list right now. So no preference for color, but that will most assuredly change.
Stetson 7X Clear Beaver of any variety
Pre-Stetson Mallory, tall crown, wide brim
Cobalt Blue Homburg, no brand, but vintage
Pre-WWII Penney's Marathon
A quick walk around Steve's (Meyserwegener's) hat room while he's out of town. I'll only take one!
20s or 30s No. 1 Quality Stetson
This one I'm shooting for soon: A custom from Gus Miller at Batsakes in Cincinnati.
All the Daltons in my size. And maybe a few not in my size.

So, still no vintage Strat
No 7X, but that's a reflection of my pocketbook, not availability;
Some of my post-Stetson Mallorys fit the description, but I still have nothing preacquisition;
Thanks to Adrian (@Miamibruno), I picked up a Stetson 25 last year;
Got the Marathon a few months ago;
Got the blue Hommie,
Steve still hasn't invited me over. [emoji14]
No No. 1, yet;
I have six Daltons and Mr. Miller made a hat for me two years ago.

Since then, I have found other "grails." Nailed a Demon Hanover several months ago, for one.

MondoFW

Practically Family
Wishlists are awful. Loungers like Bowen, Alan, and Steven always post new hats that I NEED (not want, need!). If i were to make a list. ..
True vintage cream linen cap,
1930s Stetson Standard Quality boater
Stetson Flagship like the one Dana Andrews wears in the ad,
Borsalino Nutria Quality,
High quality vintage Panama,
Cavanagh 100

That's all for now. I hope it ceases to accumulate

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
My list from 2014/2015:

I do not own a Strat of any ilk, so that's kind of top of the list right now. So no preference for color, but that will most assuredly change.
Stetson 7X Clear Beaver of any variety
Pre-Stetson Mallory, tall crown, wide brim
Cobalt Blue Homburg, no brand, but vintage
Pre-WWII Penney's Marathon
A quick walk around Steve's (Meyserwegener's) hat room while he's out of town. I'll only take one!
20s or 30s No. 1 Quality Stetson
This one I'm shooting for soon: A custom from Gus Miller at Batsakes in Cincinnati.
All the Daltons in my size. And maybe a few not in my size.

So, still no vintage Strat
No 7X, but that's a reflection of my pocketbook, not availability;
Some of my post-Stetson Mallorys fit the description, but I still have nothing preacquisition;
Thanks to Adrian (@Miamibruno), I picked up a Stetson 25 last year;
Got the Marathon a few months ago;
Got the blue Hommie,
Steve still hasn't invited me over. [emoji14]
No No. 1, yet;
I have six Daltons and Mr. Miller made a hat for me two years ago.

Since then, I have found other "grails." Nailed a Demon Hanover several months ago, for one.

Demon Hanover is now on my list. Keep on teaching me, Jim.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot