Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homberg traveler?

Buck

New in Town
I recently bought this hat advertised as a fedora, but it appears to be a homberg. Is homberg considered a type of fedora? I had assumed it was a separate genre. My face doesn't seeem to like hombergs too much, but it is nice to have a vintage Borsalino in this nice of condition. I'll try to post an URL and pics. Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl... THe uploading of the jpeg failed.......:(

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Buck said:
I recently bought this hat advertised as a fedora, but it appears to be a homberg. Is homberg considered a type of fedora? I had assumed it was a separate genre. My face doesn't seeem to like hombergs too much, but it is nice to have a vintage Borsalino in this nice of condition. I'll try to post an URL and pics. Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl... as you received it, with the brim turned up?

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree, looks like a homburg, *except* that the crown appears
to have a ridge on it. I wonder if the crown is blocked in the
"optimo" style one often sees on panama hats (not to be confused
with the Optimo hat company in Chicago)? Might not be-
might be a fold left in from someone rolling it wrong. But I would
try to get it to take that form first.

Very cool hat. Also very unusual to see two Borsalino rollers in a year
here, let alone in a week (Dinerman also found one).

Congrats and try wearing it with a variety of clothing. I suspect
the style will grow on you.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Nice score. I saw tjat amd thought to myself how cool a rollable homburg would be, so I put a couple bids on it, but it just went a tad over my budget. I'm glad someone who appreciates hats got it. I hope it works well for you.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I saw that hat and I think you out bid me. That is a nice score. It is very nice
Buck. I wish it were mine.

Apparently, I failed to bid on that one

Buck

New in Town
Thank you all. I DO like the Homberg look...I'll try it awhile. That crease is from the rolling...who know how long it was rolled up[huh] . I rolled my "new" Borsalino traveler (bought here.....ouch! I can't remember his name off the top of my head) on a recent trip, and it had a crease, but it disappeared after a few hours. I'm hoping the homberg will do the same after a few weeks. Is it possible to roll one without a crease? I'd like to know how:eek: .

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I think the crease is the only way to roll these things up.

I bet that the crease/wrinkles will fall out if you leave the hat to "breathe" a little, but I could be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou