Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A summer purchase. The homburg came from the great field of Simon Zlateff - Sofia.
It arrived in United Kingdom as many others and from there back to Italy after a long trip over time
1692hir.jpg

Lobbia Borsalino Qualità Superiore. Size is 6 1/2, so a 60 in EU or a 7 1/2 in US
rsh4dy.jpg

Color is "Bismuto" cinta (ribbon) Nero "Erodisti" Felt is medium soft, malleable with a contrasting ribbon
25tdik6.jpg

It has some defects in the lining and the wind cord lost the button
oric69.jpg

The felt is great and the ribbons clear
2ufzfic.jpg

It is a very classic Lobbia or homburg, different from the previous in "Palladio" I showed some days ago
1409rnp.jpg

This "Lobbia" Borsalino or homburg or Diplomatique is the type with "normal" brim, so more curled then the "Palladio"
vepv6u.jpg

The proportions are: brim at 6 cm. ribbon is 4 cm. and the crown is 11 cm.
30bjt4w.jpg

I prefer more the Palladio shape and its type of brim, more flat.
More to come

A summer purchase. The homburg came from the great field of Simon Zlateff - Sofia.
It arrived in United Kingdom as many others and from there back to Italy after a long trip over time
1692hir.jpg

Lobbia Borsalino Qualità Superiore. Size is 6 1/2, so a 60 in EU or a 7 1/2 in US
rsh4dy.jpg

Color is "Bismuto" cinta (ribbon) Nero "Erodisti" Felt is medium soft, malleable with a contrasting ribbon
25tdik6.jpg

It has some defects in the lining and the wind cord lost the button
oric69.jpg

The felt is great and the ribbons clear
2ufzfic.jpg

It is a very classic Lobbia or homburg, different from the previous in "Palladio" I showed some days ago
1409rnp.jpg

This "Lobbia" Borsalino or homburg or Diplomatique is the type with "normal" brim, so more curled then the "Palladio"
vepv6u.jpg

The proportions are: brim at 6 cm. ribbon is 4 cm. and the crown is 11 cm.
30bjt4w.jpg

I prefer more the Palladio shape and its type of brim, more flat.
More to come
A classic Daniele! I love the brim curl on a nice Borsalino Lobbia.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Daniele, Great to see this one! It has a similar blue / red liner piping as my Zalteff. I also good to see the Eulan label is still intact. By the way none of my older (WWII era or older) Borsalinos with wind cords have buttons (just loops).

Gorgeous hat, Daniele. Classic. So far the Zlateff hats have eluded me, but who knows?

Such a beautiful classic homburg, Daniele. It doesn't get better than that.

A classic Daniele! I love the brim curl on a nice Borsalino Lobbia.
Thanks Steve, Stefan, Mike and all the fellows in FL for your attention on this Borsalino.
This morning I took pictures of it an old lady called me from the gate of the garden asking who gave me such a beautifull hat, I said I bought it and she proposed me to see the hats of her dead husband. Some she gave to Charity, my heart beat because I saw three very beautiful Borsalino in her house very near to my office......they are 55 centimetres o_O

Last edited:
Has the price change on this sale or has it been sold?

Sorry forgot to quote the Homburg Cavanagh by : steur

Cheers!
I think it was on sale on Ebay in several stages at lowered prices for about a month before I bought it. I was reluctant to buy it, because it was listed as black and I presume that's the reason it didn't sell. It's not for sale now at any price.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Second purchase of a declining summer. Together with the Barbisio of yesterday he arrived in a complex purchase
4v2xx5.jpg

A classic lobbia Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore in black. Size 5 so it is 57 centimeter, a little tight, personal opinion
2yuczmd.jpg

The production is the historical one of Borsalino and the felt and finishes are of the first order
2iv1wtv.jpg

The felt is black and very soft with a velvety touch
10ni87r.jpg

Every so often it is a pleasure to discover that Borsalino has produced apparently "normal" felts of such a high degree of quality
afdcvk.jpg

The proportions are: curled brim to 5 cm., Crown to 12 cm. and 5 centimeter tape
2vjr96g.jpg

The hat is very little used and, apart from the dust, removed, it is perfect
2m5c6md.jpg

Unpleasantly it is another hat, along with the yesterday's Barbisio, that will have to leave his friends in the closets, where he has not yet been put in order not to fraternize.

Despite my best intentions I added a few hats to the collection. Some are not keepers because they're not my size. Still well worth looking at though.
First one. Burton homburg in grey, size 57. Brim at 5cm and crown 11cm at the pinch. There is another brand called Burton: a Dutch maker of top hats. I believe this Burton is the name of a retail store on Fifth Avenue. Once owned by someone called Dr Z: how cool is that?!

burton-homburg_1-jpg.137277
burton-homburg_2-jpg.137278
burton-homburg_3-jpg.137279
burton-homburg_4-jpg.137281
burton-homburg_5-jpg.137282
burton-homburg_6-jpg.137283
burton-homburg_7-jpg.137284
burton-homburg_8-jpg.137285
burton-homburg_9-jpg.137286

Forum statistics

Threads
Members