Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Many, many thanks to @steur for a wonderful and perfect fitting Homburg. Thank you, my friend! My apologies for the late posting. I still haven't had the opportunity to wear it out of the house but I will be looking forward to it soon enough. The contrasting lavender-ish brim binding really sets it off. I'm honored and proud to be it's new owner. It's a real beauty! View attachment 541266 View attachment 541267 View attachment 541268

I probably should've combined this post with the previous, but oh well.

Thank you to @The Lost Cowboy, Nathan, for the heads up and assist on this Stetson St. Regis! Another beauty to add to my growing collection.

I will be taking both Hommies to my niece's wedding in November with intentions to wear both over that weekend.

Just a few weeks ago, I had zero Homburgs. Now I have 2 to choose from whenever the need arises.
View attachment 541272 View attachment 541273
Well I think it is clear from these two postings, that homburgs suit you quite nicely, Phil! The one via Stefan is fabulous with the light lavender trim.. and you just can not go wrong with a St Regis for blocking and proportions.

hambone71

Practically Family
Well I think it is clear from these two postings, that homburgs suit you quite nicely, Phil! The one via Stefan is fabulous with the light lavender trim.. and you just can not go wrong with a St Regis for blocking and proportions.
Thank you, Joe! I'm still wearing them around the house for now to try and get used to the look. I typically like a little downward brim swoop, so it's a bit different, for sure. I don't even wear my snap brims in the up position.

Many, many thanks to @steur for a wonderful and perfect fitting Homburg. Thank you, my friend! My apologies for the late posting. I still haven't had the opportunity to wear it out of the house but I will be looking forward to it soon enough. The contrasting lavender-ish brim binding really sets it off. I'm honored and proud to be it's new owner. It's a real beauty! View attachment 541266 View attachment 541267 View attachment 541268
Suits you very well, Phil. As does the St regis by the way. A new citizen of the homburg nation is always a good thing.

Mayser spezial homburg in black, Size 57 with the bound brim at 6cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. What can I say? Very attractive homburg with a great hand to the felt. There was a newspaper behind the sweatband with a 1969 date on it. Could be a little earlier though. Weighs 138 grams. Do I need another black homburg. NO! But if you twist my arm and sell it for €10 I can't say no. Sold originally by C. Heimbach in Hamborn, Germany. That would be Carl Heimbach and that is all I can find about him.

mayser spezial homburg_01.jpg

mayser spezial homburg_02.jpg

mayser spezial homburg_03.jpg

mayser spezial homburg_04.jpg

mayser spezial homburg_05.jpg

mayser spezial homburg_06.jpg

mayser spezial homburg_07.jpg

mayser spezial homburg_08.jpg

mayser spezial homburg_09.jpg

mayser spezial homburg_11.jpg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Mayser spezial homburg in black, Size 57 with the bound brim at 6cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. What can I say? Very attractive homburg with a great hand to the felt. There was a newspaper behind the sweatband with a 1969 date on it. Could be a little earlier though. Weighs 138 grams. Do I need another black homburg. NO! But if you twist my arm and sell it for €10 I can't say no. Sold originally by C. Heimbach in Hamborn, Germany. That would be Carl Heimbach and that is all I can find about him.

mayser spezial homburg_01.jpg

mayser spezial homburg_02.jpg

mayser spezial homburg_03.jpg

mayser spezial homburg_04.jpg

mayser spezial homburg_05.jpg

mayser spezial homburg_06.jpg

mayser spezial homburg_07.jpg

mayser spezial homburg_08.jpg

mayser spezial homburg_09.jpg

mayser spezial homburg_11.jpg

Another beautiful Mayser, Stefan.

Joseph E Ward homburg in black. Size 56 with the bound brim at 6,5cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. This one has a contrasting ribbon and binding, but it's hard to say if that was intentional or that they just lost their colour over time. I like the effect though. Sold by Kioes of Luxembourg. Georges Kioes was the successor of Waldbillig somewhere between 1935 and 1962. So this hat is centrainly before 1962. Late forties or early fifties would be my guess. The brim is still a bit uneven, likely because of the way at was stored.

ward homburg kioes_01.jpg

ward homburg kioes_02.jpg

ward homburg kioes_03.jpg

ward homburg kioes_04.jpg

ward homburg kioes_05.jpg

ward homburg kioes_06.jpg

ward homburg kioes_07.jpg

ward homburg kioes_08.jpg

ward homburg kioes_09.jpg

Joseph E Ward homburg in black. Size 56 with the bound brim at 6,5cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. This one has a contrasting ribbon and binding, but it's hard to say if that was intentional or that they just lost their colour over time. I like the effect though. Sold by Kioes of Luxembourg. Georges Kioes was the successor of Waldbillig somewhere between 1935 and 1962. So this hat is centrainly before 1962. Late forties or early fifties would be my guess. The brim is still a bit uneven, likely because of the way at was stored.

ward homburg kioes_01.jpg

ward homburg kioes_02.jpg

ward homburg kioes_03.jpg

ward homburg kioes_04.jpg

ward homburg kioes_05.jpg

ward homburg kioes_06.jpg

ward homburg kioes_07.jpg

ward homburg kioes_08.jpg

ward homburg kioes_09.jpg
I love that color scheme.

Cappellificio Rossi homburg in grey. Size 57 (roughly) with the bound brim at 5,5cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent.This is an interesting one. Being located in Monza I expected to receive a woolfelt homburg, but it's not. Upon further inspection Rossi isn't the maker at all, but they just added the liner and a new sweatband. Underneath the liner I can feel a (likely original) crown patch. The liner is glued inside all the way around though and I'd have to tear it to find out. No labels to be found.
Really nice looking classic homburg with some good contrast and a distinct blueish tone to the grey felt.

rossi_1.jpg

rossi_2.jpg

rossi_3.jpg

rossi_4.jpg

rossi_5.jpg

rossi_6.jpg

rossi_7.jpg

rossi_8.jpg

Cappellificio Rossi homburg in grey. Size 57 (roughly) with the bound brim at 5,5cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent.This is an interesting one. Being located in Monza I expected to receive a woolfelt homburg, but it's not. Upon further inspection Rossi isn't the maker at all, but they just added the liner and a new sweatband. Underneath the liner I can feel a (likely original) crown patch. The liner is glued inside all the way around though and I'd have to tear it to find out. No labels to be found.
Really nice looking classic homburg with some good contrast and a distinct blueish tone to the grey felt.

rossi_1.jpg

rossi_2.jpg

rossi_3.jpg

rossi_4.jpg

rossi_5.jpg

rossi_6.jpg

rossi_7.jpg

rossi_8.jpg
A different but striking look

rossi_1.jpg

rossi_2.jpg

rossi_3.jpg

rossi_4.jpg

rossi_5.jpg

rossi_6.jpg

rossi_7.jpg

rossi_8.jpg

Your last two hats have really checked the boxes. Great examples!

Brüder Böhm, Daniel Zikeli Wien "Rekord", 58cm possibly later 1950s. Based on the paper label I believe this Homburg was made by Brüder Böhm and sourced by Daniel Zikeli Wien.

53351246471_00aa8db553_h.jpg

53351653833_4319552d3a_h.jpg

53350548447_36bd004158_h.jpg

53351638108_8d03221e6b_h.jpg

53350541727_781b5bb965_h.jpg

53351644353_9fa927bceb_h.jpg

53351690349_ba59703050_h.jpg

I found Daniel Zikeli in the "Austrian Hat Industry Guide (1926)" as Daniel Zikely Wwe. (Widow) so he had passed away. The location "X. Laxenburgerstr. 30" is the same as the what is printed on the Liner and stamped on the Sweatband.

15755047427_96f8e937a4_b.jpg

Last edited:
Eichenberger homburg in black. Size 57 with the bound brim at 6cm and the substantial crown at 11.5cm at the center dent. Weighs 165 grams, so as expected from a woolfelt on the heavier side. Well made hat, but very soft. It used to have a liner, but that is gone. The label doesn't ring a bell, but it suggests that it is actually either a French or Swiss made hat.

eichenberger_01.jpg

eichenberger_02.jpg

eichenberger_03.jpg

eichenberger_04.jpg

eichenberger_06.jpg

eichenberger_07.jpg

eichenberger_08.jpg

eichenberger_09.jpg

eichenberger_10.jpg

eichenberger_11.jpg

Too long since I’ve had something worthy to post here.
Dark blue Stetson The Sovereign Twenty Marine (color or model?) in size 7 ½ or 60cm. The ribbon still has the basting stitching. I really like blue hats and this dark blue has enough blue to bot appear black. Aside from some foxing it looks pristine.

View attachment 583490 View attachment 583491 View attachment 583492 View attachment 583493 View attachment 583494 View attachment 583495 View attachment 583496 View attachment 583497 View attachment 583498
That IS beautiful, Brent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner