Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Cordite Blues said:
4642155546_c32d60faeb_o.gif

The bash doesn't do much for me (I'm too traditional, I guess), but the brim is perhaps as close to perfect as man can make in a Homburg, IMHO. Perfect width, and a lovely 'smile' -- ...
The bash does lend itself to the more casual dress, no doubt his intent. I think it's growing on me....

Cordite Blues.

I think it's the cat's pajamas. I just wish there was a second photo where the guy had leaned over to pick up a penny or tie his shoelace or something so I could check out the bash on top.

Cordite Blues

New in Town
me in my Homburg

Here is a pic of me in my Homburg from Miller Hats, made by Biltmore. I wore it for the first time in public at my nephew's wedding in Minneapolis this past weekend. For me, it was kind of like jumping into the deep end of the pool, but I did it. My wife was supportive, and the family *has* to love me, regardless.

Long story short, everyone (that commented!) had nothing but nice things to say. I was the only person wearing a hat among 350 guests, but I noticed some envious looks and may have started a trend.

A worthy occasion, graced by a my idea of what a wedding hat should be.
Cordite-_Blues

Cordite Blues

blixa00

One of the Regulars
Well done Cordite Blues...a very classy topper indeed! I wore my Disney Twenty Homburg while out shopping recently and got quite the reaction as well...seems as though some folks recognize that these fine hats beat wearing a ratty baseball cap any day!lol

Mayser Spezial Homburg

Mayser Spezial Homburg, size 59cm. It has moth damage especially on the bottom but still a very nice hat. Really like the liner and logo (first one I have of this type). I am thinking early 1950s.

4682375168_9555af0e4b_b.jpg

4682379194_021b07f8fb_b.jpg

4682379246_b1ec513d6b_b.jpg

4681748979_cabeb77c98_b.jpg

4681749025_039c1c0baa_b.jpg

4682379420_3dc3529d03_b.jpg

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mayserwegener said:
Mayser Spezial Homburg, size 59cm. It has moth damage especially on the bottom but still a very nice hat. Really like the liner and logo (first one I have of this type). I am thinking early 1950s.

4682375168_9555af0e4b_b.jpg

[]
It looks a lot like the Homburg worn by Sam Jaffe in the 1950 movie "Asphalt Jungle."

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Disney Black Homburg Late 40's or Early 50's

I just got my vintage black Disney homburg today and I have to say that this hat is by far my best homburg. The pictures do the hat no justice. The color is an extreamly deep deep black, the felt is sooooo soft and the quality of all of the materials is really top notch. I would say that the hat is maybe from the late 40's, or early 50's. It was possibly worn twice. The only thing that makes this hat near mint and not a perfect mint is the fact that the reed on the sweatband has a little wear, but thats it. The plastic sweatband guard is still perfect, the liner is a perfect pearl white, the sweatband is soft and pliable, and the felt is perfect. No moth bites, no odors, no stains. Whats really unique about the hat is that the sweatband has a very cool pattern stamped into it. Almost like an aztec patern. The ribbon measures 2 1/4 inches wide, and the open crown is aproximately 5 3/4 inches tall. (See pics)

DSC03490.jpg

DSC03491.jpg

DSC03492.jpg

DSC03495.jpg

DSC03498.jpg

DSC03499.jpg

DSC03502.jpg

DSC03508.jpg

DSC03511.jpg

DSC03519.jpg

Mr. Paladin

Joshbru, that is a gorgeous Disney homburg. Are you going to keep the pinch-front crease on it (last pic) or return to the center dent?

feltfan

Mr. Paladin said:
Joshbru, that is a gorgeous Disney homburg. Are you going to keep the pinch-front crease on it (last pic) or return to the center dent?
It's both- center dent with pinch front. I love that it is labeled
"Homburg" on the sweatband. That'll keep 'em from converting it
to a fedora...

Very nice hat and looks great on you.

Big_e

Practically Family
Doh! Why did I look in this thread!:eusa_doh: Now I need to add a Homburg to my collection. It does seem to be a dressier hat but it seems afew people wear it well with more casual attire.
Ernest

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:

Thanks Mr. Paladin!! Ive tried both my homburgs with the front pinch + the center dent and then just the center dent by itself. I have a pretty thin and narrow face, so it seems that the front pinch with center dent looks better on me. Ive looked at a lot of old movies and tv shows, and I really like the way the front pinch + center dent looks. I really havent made a final choice though. But thats the great thing about fur felt, it gives you the freedom to change your mind whenever you want. :)

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
feltfan said:
It's both- center dent with pinch front. I love that it is labeled
"Homburg" on the sweatband. That'll keep 'em from converting it
to a fedora...

Very nice hat and looks great on you.

Thanks feltfan, I really appreciate it! I thought that it was kind of weird that it was actually labeled "homburg." But then again, ive seen a couple of disney's that have the model name in the same location. I guess the homburgs were just called homburg, and not some snazzy name like the stetson "st. regis." I still have never seen that cool aztec pattern on the sweatband in any other hat. I wonder if any other loungers have?

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Big_e said:
Doh! Why did I look in this thread!:eusa_doh: Now I need to add a Homburg to my collection. It does seem to be a dressier hat but it seems afew people wear it well with more casual attire.
Ernest

Ive tried wearing one with more casual attire and I just wind up taking it off every time. Unless im wearing a very nice suit or overcoat, it just sits in the box waiting for a dressier occasion.

Brabant Homburg

Brabant Homburg, size 59cm. This one is probably early to mid 60s. Has some really nice black felt and sweatband. Not sure about the Brabant connection but appears to be German made.

4830186823_5f71a3520e_b.jpg

4830186881_d614f38dc9_b.jpg

4830186951_6a05236e1d_b.jpg

4830799500_26db883792_b.jpg

4830187257_20dfeb63fe_b.jpg

4830187107_99d96657dc_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff