Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Size 59cm. Very early 1960s and in near NOS condition. This is my first A. Peschel Dinkelsbühl Homburg and it's fantastic.

6057183633_bd9e6dc4fb_b.jpg

What a Homburg!1! Great find!

Bowlerman, It's about 2 1/4 inches to the curl. The brim is not overly stiff and the block & flange is a bit different. The width + material of the binding / ribbon might also be a factor. A transitional Homburg?

Dieter, Thanks! Thought you would like this one.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
So, here is the Longsworth Homburg being worn. I know the coat and scarf is out of place in this summer weather, but it was only put on for a couple of minutes for visual effect for the sake of the hat.
100_7200.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The overall effect is pretty awesome (BA, in fact, but that term might not be Lounge-friendly lol). Great looking Longworth.

Cooler weather can't come quickly enough down here in the southeast.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
So, here is the Longsworth Homburg being worn. I know the coat and scarf is out of place in this summer weather, but it was only put on for a couple of minutes for visual effect for the sake of the hat.
100_7200.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

I like it! Pinch included.

Steve-- I thought I caught a glimpse of a homburg that looked exactly like the color and styling of that Peschel late last night on TCM, during a short spot on Conrad Veidt. Looked great on him, spooky as he was!

By the way I am ok with the tighter pinch. I just think the style works better with more space at the front. This was standard for factory blocked Homburgs when they still knew how to make them.

I would like to see that Homburg. Is the spot available online?

Last edited:

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks gang!:D Yeah, I was probably a little hasty in grabbing the hat and plopping it on my noggin, gave it a bit too much pinch. The little photo foray only too a minute and I was already sort of sweltering there. I can't wait for the autumn & winter weather to be able to wear this stuff more often. I'll be sure to get some better photos during that time period.

Cheers!

Dan

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
By the way I am ok with the tighter pinch. I just think the style works better with more space at the front. This was standard for factory blocked Homburgs when they still knew how to make them.

I would like to see that Homburg. Is the spot available online?

I have been looking for it. Coming up empty right now.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Trying to add "swoop" or "dish" to this Belamey 'burg. More rule breaking for me today, too, as I think I kinda like the pinch in this one.
Strangely, this now seems to me like the most Indiana Jones-like hat I own.
016copys.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Trying to add "swoop" or "dish" to this Belamey 'burg. More rule breaking for me today, too, as I think I kinda like the pinch in this one. Strangely, this now seems to me like the most Indiana Jones-like hat I own.

I'm glad to see that you are enjoying this hat. I think that I was the only one who (when you made the side by side comparison) preferred the look of this one (on you) over the nearly identical Stetson.

Great casual look! I think the pinch is right at the limit. I really do not understand why people are so of put off by Homburgs. When I wear them in casual settings they do not draw any more attention than a standard snap brim. IMO a tall crown (no matter the style) draws more attention than Homburg curl.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Bowlerman

That hat looks good on you. It DOESN'T look very Indiana Jones to me though. I saw a 40 year old black guy wearing black pants, white shirt, gray vest, and a gray Homburg at the blues Festival in Springfield IL on Saturday afternoon. A Homburg is on my list of hats to get eventually.

Later

RichardH

One of the Regulars
Trying to add "swoop" or "dish" to this Belamey 'burg. More rule breaking for me today, too, as I think I kinda like the pinch in this one.
Strangely, this now seems to me like the most Indiana Jones-like hat I own.
016copys.jpg

That's a great hat, mr. Bowlerman! May I ask what the brim size is?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
That's a great hat, mr. Bowlerman! May I ask what the brim size is?

Thanks! I'm really enjoying this one, in spite of all the buyer's remorse I may have experienced initially. I'm measuring the brim at 2 3/4" from crown through edge of the roll. a little shorter than my 2 7/8" St. Regis.

Sweet Chisnall!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn