Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

I found this great photo while Googling.

King Edward VII (1841-1910) photographed six months after the Coronation (08/09/1902), at Sandringham. In this image, King Edward is seen wearing plus-fours and his favourite Homburg style hat.

3675.jpg

Last edited:

jbucklin

Practically Family
Can anyone tell me what would be a fair price for this Homburg (see link below)? The seller seems new to hats and does not seem to understand that a vintage Homburg is not going to get the kind of money a vintage fedora, i.e. Stetson or Borso, would get.

Originally Posted by jbucklin
I keep looking at this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...3#ht_500wt_922

The seller has just relisted it at the same price. But no one seems interested. Is that price just flat out over the top?

Can anyone tell me what would be a fair price for this Homburg (see link below)? The seller seems new to hats and does not seem to understand that a vintage Homburg is not going to get the kind of money a vintage fedora, i.e. Stetson or Borso, would get.

Originally Posted by jbucklin
I keep looking at this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...3#ht_500wt_922

The seller has just relisted it at the same price. But no one seems interested. Is that price just flat out over the top?

JB,

I can't get this one to come up. I would say in general a Homburg is less likely to pull in the kind of money that a Strat, Whippet, etc. can get. However, I have see some very nice unusual Homburgs go for some big bucks.

Perry

jbucklin

Practically Family
JB,

I can't get this one to come up. I would say in general a Homburg is less likely to pull in the kind of money that a Strat, Whippet, etc. can get. However, I have see some very nice unusual Homburgs go for some big bucks.

Perry

Thanks Perry,

It's a very nice '50s Disney. His BIN price is $248. I can tell he doesn't know much about hats through email exchanges with him but I could be wrong. This is not the first time he's had it up for sale and he did not lower the price when he relisted it.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Well, the seller is not budging, so would you pay that much $ for it?

Depends on how much you like or want the hat JB. For about a hundred more you could get a custom hat. You can still get some nice homburgs fairly cheap.
I would only consider that much if it were a very unique vintage hat.

By the way, that Hommie does look good on you Randooch.

jbucklin

Practically Family
I went ahead and bought it. The seller had told me he would change the BIN and sell it to me at a lower price. He must have grown weary of all my questioning however and stopped replying to me, so I never got the reduced price from him and the BIN stayed the same. I'm hoping he'll reimburse me some of what I paid. He is a very inexperienced Ebayer and even greener when it comes to hats. I asked him if he had done any research on the hat to find out if the price he was asking was reasonable. All he said was that he "felt" like it was a fair price. So, we'll see what happens. I'm thinking (and hoping) it really is a very special homburg----sure looks like it!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Chances are you'll be pleased as punch, JB. Congratulations on a thoroughly considered acquisition. :)

Thanks Johnny and Perry for the compliments. I'm rather surprised how comfortable I feel wearing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo