Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

jbucklin

Practically Family
Chances are you'll be pleased as punch, JB. Congratulations on a thoroughly considered acquisition. :)

Thanks Johnny and Perry for the compliments. I'm rather surprised how comfortable I feel wearing it.

Thanks Randall. Did you read Alan's comments on the Ebay finds, etc. thread? He is one knowledgeable fellow!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful piece. I wish it were my size. Here's my newly arrived Mansfield homburg. The hand/pouncing is not nearly what most of my hats are, but it is duracraft felt, which I think people here have said is a blend of fur and wool? The crown is lower than my other homburgs, so I'm training it into a sort of C-crown. I know it's an unconventional crease for a 'burg, but I already have a black Lee with my usual center dent. This is in pristine condition. It is indeed black, in spite of the grey or navy tones you might see in the photos.

0022copyv.jpg

021copye.jpg

019copyo.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! I'm happy with this so far, only I wish the crown were higher (like a St. Regis) so that the telescope could be a bit deeper. I like the angles of the rake, though!
Landman, was it yours that was listed in the Classifieds? If I remember correctly, that was a beautiful looking hat! I'd so nab it if it weren't a tad too big for me!

013copyj.jpg

Last edited:

Landman

One Too Many
Bowlerman, yes I have one listed in the classifieds that is too small for me. I posted a link to it above in post #942. It is a nice one but just doesn't fit me :(

Landman

One Too Many
Mine is the one for sale. It is a 7 1/4 Extra Long Oval. I wear a 7 3/8 Long Oval so it doesn't fit. It is pretty close but I wouldn't want to try and stretch an older hat like this.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Just bought this Dalton Homburg from a fellow lounger. Great hat, but I'm not too sure I like the brim. It's too "flat" for my tastes. I tried steaming the front and back of the brim to get them to move down and have more of a downward swoop, but it seems to have made it worse. Any tips?
19e22496.jpg

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Jason, on that photo it looks great. I see no problem. If you want to swoop down the brim a bit, steam the front and put it on your head.
Then use the fingers, brim with the fingers move a bit forward and down.
Use a mirror to control the shape.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran