Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

billyspew

One Too Many
My homburg family...
4616497965_e535418435_b.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I only have one Homburg for right now. Ive put a lot money and concentration on fedoras, but I think I need a few more homburgs. Heres a couple pics of my early 50's Dobbs 5th Ave grey homburg.

17955_527377390099_77800474_3117426.jpg

13737_526086616819_77800474_3113586.jpg

billyspew said:
My homburg family...

Super collection! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Really like the second one from the left (rust ? ribbon). Details please! :)

Joshbru3, Sharp look! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
Super collection! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Really like the second one from the left (rust ? ribbon). Details please! :)

Joshbru3, Sharp look! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks mayserwegener!!!

Thats a super nice collection Billyspew. I cant decide whether to bash or not bash side indents in my homburg. Ive seen many pictures from the 20's and 30's that do both ways.

Why not go back and forth? I store mine as no side dent but usually add dents. Also change the size and location of the dents. Some Homburgs have thick felt (not any less quality) that doesn't want to take a dent so those might require steaming.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
Why not go back and forth? I store mine as no side dent but usually add dents. Also change the size and location of the dents. Some Homburgs have thick felt (not any less quality) that doesn't want to take a dent so those might require steaming.

Thats a valid point mayserwegener, Im going to try that. My Dobbs has really thick felt, so I probably gotta steam it. Come to think of it, whatever bash I steam in, I can always steam out if I wanna change my look around. What look is appropriate for a 1920's style homburg? Ive seen people do side dents and also a front pinch. Im more leaning towards the front pinch. Didnt Edward VII use a front pinch on his homburg?

Joshbru3 said:
Thats a valid point mayserwegener, Im going to try that. My Dobbs has really thick felt, so I probably gotta steam it. Come to think of it, whatever bash I steam in, I can always steam out if I wanna change my look around. What look is appropriate for a 1920's style homburg? Ive seen people do side dents and also a front pinch. Im more leaning towards the front pinch. Didnt Edward VII use a front pinch on his homburg?

I have seen photos from the 20s with and without dents. I think no dent is a more formal look. The Homburg Edward wore was different than what you see in the 20s and there after. It had a large very tapered crown, no brim binding and was only in gray. In the couple of photos I have seen he didn't have dents.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm just catching up on this thread since the end of March and there are some fantstic specimens here.

Joshbru-yours is a natural for you!

Billy-I remember not long ago when you were a reluctant homburg-er! My how times have changed. You looked great in your wedding photo!

Brad-Your Cavanaugh is superb.

blixa00

One of the Regulars
Fit for a King???

Just picked this up yesterday with BIN...it appears to be a 7 1/8 UK and very well made!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230479134691&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_4210wt_1137
Does anyone know anything about the maker of this hat Scott & Co?? Perhaps an FL member from the UK will know a bit of history? It seems as though they may no longer be in business but were once the producers of very high quality hats in the London area. Not too shabby for $25 plus shipping BIN!lol

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Hardeman Homburg

4641999619_60bd8083ae_o.jpg

4642612334_604e60c97f_b.jpg

4642000047_c992168cfb_b.jpg

Beautiful light gray very soft and finely finished felt. Perfect condition. Shorter than average brim and frayed edge fancy bow.

Cordite Blues

New in Town
almost ideal

mayserwegener said:
Breaking so called Homburg protocol circa 1925.

4642155546_c32d60faeb_o.gif

The bash doesn't do much for me (I'm too traditional, I guess), but the brim is perhaps as close to perfect as man can make in a Homburg, IMHO. Perfect width, and a lovely 'smile' -- . I was born 50 years too late, tho my Biltmore from Miller Hats has a brim very much like the one pictured.
149.jpg
. Mine is NOT purple, however, but it makes seeing the details of the hat much easier.

The bash does lend itself to the more casual dress, no doubt his intent. I think it's growing on me....

Cordite Blues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR