Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
Like it Sir! :eusa_clap Keep it for your collection. With the `stache it gives your a few more years than your deserve, but as a varied look, its great. Happy wearing...

Agreed - good look on you. Those late '50s/early '60s Hatco's are very well put together.

Mayser Homburg

Very nice black Mayser Homburg, size 59cm.

4460187374_8c4dc57fd8_b.jpg

4459407429_be7c6a9617_b.jpg

4460187472_a72ab902cd_b.jpg

4459426239_c652490532_b.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mayserwegener said:
Very nice black Mayser Homburg, size 59cm.

4459426239_c652490532_b.jpg

I am always fascinated by the intricate martial style of the liner art in the German/Austrian hats. Just like that Dobesch I got from you, the Teutonic flair is unmistakable.

Mr. Paladin said:
I am always fascinated by the intricate martial style of the liner art in the German/Austrian hats. Just like that Dobesch I got from you, the Teutonic flair is unmistakable.

Agree!

P. & C. Habig's double eagle is one of my favorites.

4462528786_a51a565eab.jpg

bolthead

HosManHatter said:
WOW! You are like God of Homburgs,bro! I think I am partial to the center crease ones in the darker colors(black,navy blue).Just some small differences make for a much different "style" and look when comparing them to fedoras. Homburgs became the gentry`s headware at the decline of top hats?Anything other than black tie and tails it`s the Homburg? I have been noticing them more in movies,pictures,tv.A very dignified and high class hat.

What is your personal favorite?

Hos
LMAO.....I am the God of Homburgs, and I bring you.....Homburgs. :D

bolthead

Mr. P.

MossantStetsondetail006.jpg

If you ever wanna get rid of this one Mr. P., please let me know.

Except for the last 3 yrs., I was born and raised in Hazleton, PA, and it would be awesome to have a lid from my hometown. ;)

rippy444

Familiar Face
Flitcraft said:
Ditto for me- I'd love to find one in a midnight blue....

There are some decient colored Homburgs on E Bay. I bought a black, grey, camel and a brown for $35.00 each, shipped. I'm shooting for a blue my self. Good luck. RIP

Zanzibarstar

One of the Regulars
I already posted this in Ebay victories, but wanted to catalog it here as well...My first Homburg, a Maclachlan. It was labeled as a Cavanagh(because of the box it was in), so grabbed this as the only bidder. A bit of yellowing on the plastic lining, was very dusty, and smells faintly of smoke, but otherwise in pristine condition. Any ideas as to the age of this hat?
DSC00598.jpg
DSC00599.jpg
DSC00600.jpg
DSC00601.jpg
DSC00602.jpg
[/IMG]

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Finally I have a vintage homburg. It's a 50s Resistol, which sadly arrived a few days too late for me to wear it with my black tie ensemble on my birthday, but I still think it will get a lot of wear in future. I'm unsure whether it's black or midnight blue.

232701.jpg

Please excuse the clothing which is really too casual for a homburg. Normally I'd wear a fedora with what I'm wearing, the homburg is just for the picture.

I'm glad I found this hat because it reminds me of a Stetson homburg (made in England under licence) I had when I was younger, which I sold off when I outgrew it.

Edit: better pictures of the Resistol can be found on this thread: http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=39315.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
In fact, speaking of that Stetson homburg, this seems a suitable place to post the two pictures of it which I kept. I no longer have the hat, but the fact that it's a licensed Stetson is interesting. According to the Stetson company which I emailed there was a licensed manufacturer in England in the 1960s.
CIMG2622.jpg

CIMG2620.jpg

The side of the sweat band which can't be read from the angle the picture was taken at reads "Imperial Stetson, made in England under licence".

avedwards said:
Finally I have a vintage homburg. It's a 50s Resistol, which sadly arrived a few days too late for me to wear it with my black tie ensemble on my birthday, but I still think it will get a lot of wear in future. I'm unsure whether it's black or midnight blue.

232701.jpg

Please excuse the clothing which is really too casual for a homburg. Normally I'd wear a fedora with what I'm wearing, the homburg is just for the picture.

I'm glad I found this hat because it reminds me of a Stetson homburg (made in England under licence) I had when I was younger, which I sold off when I outgrew it.

Edit: better pictures of the Resistol can be found on this thread: http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=39315.

Great Homburg! :eusa_clap

IMO today you can go casual with a Homburg. The days of the power elite + Homburg are long gone.

avedwards said:
In fact, speaking of that Stetson homburg, this seems a suitable place to post the two pictures of it which I kept. I no longer have the hat, but the fact that it's a licensed Stetson is interesting. According to the Stetson company which I emailed there was a licensed manufacturer in England in the 1960s.
CIMG2622.jpg

CIMG2620.jpg

The side of the sweat band which can't be read from the angle the picture was taken at reads "Imperial Stetson, made in England under licence".

Interesting! I wonder who the had the licence? I know Mayser did in Germany.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
mayserwegener said:
Interesting! I wonder who the had the licence? I know Mayser did in Germany.
It's a question I hope the lounge can answer. The only makers I'd rule out are Locke & co and Christys because they had a good reputation and wouldn't need to use Stetson's.

Something about the hat seems German though, since it says Groningen (presumably Gröningen) which sounds like a German town to me.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
mayserwegener said:
Great Homburg! :eusa_clap

IMO today you can go casual with a Homburg. The days of the power elite + Homburg are long gone.
Thank you. I wanted a homburg for a while but was fussy and only wanted vintage, because my reasoning was that a hat which I'd mostly use for formalwear needs to be of the high quality usually only found in vintage hats.

It can go with anything, but I like dressing by the rules of the past since I think those rules are better. I also think that the formality of the hat makes it look odd with anything less than a suit. Plus in the case of my picture the colour doesn't go too well with what I'm wearing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy