Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburgs

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I was complementing a guy on the subway the other day who was wearing a dark suit, and a dark Fedora, and we fell into a discussion of the subject of hats. He obviously worked in the financial services industry, and just liked the idea of dressing as conservatively and formally as he could, within the bounds of appropriateness. It occurred to me afterward that if that's what he wants, he should be wearing a Homburg. So, does anyone out there sport a Homburg? Any opinions? The little millionaire character with the white moustache and cutaway suit that you see in cartoons is wearing a Homburg. Are they too out of date to ever come back into vogue? Old pix of Anthony Eden (British Foreign Secretary in 1938 and 1940 to 45), show him in a Homburg and I think of him as one of the true mens' fashion icons.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I don't believe they are necessarily out of style. It really depends upon the situation that it is worn for and the person wearing it. I have a cheap homburg my dad picked up in the seventies but am not able to pull off the look very well. My face works better with the fedora.
Outdated? I don't think so. It just takes a special face to pull it off.
Cheers,
Billy

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_2751-1.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Kewllll!

OK!!! I didn't realize there was such variety of colors. I'll have to be on the look out for one. Somehow I imagine myself having to do the full Hercule Poirot routine to wear a Homburg. I do love the gray gloves he wears, but my natural metabolic type is sort of like Pigpen. I start looking scruffy and ragged just standing still.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn