Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Home At Last!

Falcon576

New in Town
So excited to have found the Lounge!

In this age of skinny jeans and T-shirts and general "slobbery", I have always maintained a classic Golden Age style. (Surplus chinos, leather boots, shirts with buttons AND collars, hats and coats in the rain, a pocket square, a Zippo, etc.) I'm a L.E.O., and spend six years as a felony detective. Always wore proper suits, cuff links, shoes with laces, etc. And if it was raining, a hat and a coat. (The only time a man should carry an umbrella is when he's holding it for a lady or a child.) Got a lot of "Indy" and "Willie's Hat Squad" comments from the fellas in the Unit, but if you saw the way they comported themselves, it wouldn't bother you either. ;)

I've been doing lots of reading, and have already learned so much. Not to mention that the class and sense of decorum extends in all the threads, replies, etc. A group of actual adults having civilized conversation about a more civilized age.

Thank you all for creating such an amazing place. So much to still explore...

Marco, AKA Falcon576.

Bugsy

One Too Many
Falcon576 said:
So excited to have found the Lounge!

In this age of skinny jeans and T-shirts and general "slobbery", I have always maintained a classic Golden Age style. (Surplus chinos, leather boots, shirts with buttons AND collars, hats and coats in the rain, a pocket square, a Zippo, etc.) I'm a L.E.O., and spend six years as a felony detective. Always wore proper suits, cuff links, shoes with laces, etc. And if it was raining, a hat and a coat. (The only time a man should carry an umbrella is when he's holding it for a lady or a child.) Got a lot of "Indy" and "Willie's Hat Squad" comments from the fellas in the Unit, but if you saw the way they comported themselves, it wouldn't bother you either. ;)

I've been doing lots of reading, and have already learned so much. Not to mention that the class and sense of decorum extends in all the threads, replies, etc. A group of actual adults having civilized conversation about a more civilized age.

Thank you all for creating such an amazing place. So much to still explore...

Marco, AKA Falcon576.

Welcome to the Lounge, Marco.:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot