Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hornskov Hats - custom Danish hatter

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Unboxing my Broker [Edit: its a MOGUL] and pulling down the front brim to give it more of a 30s homburg look
ADF3B38C-EB0F-4616-A3E7-F36B57532523.jpeg

Last edited:

The Shoe

One Too Many
Unboxing my Broker and pulling down the front brim to give it more of a 30s homburg look View attachment 363197
I’ve been looking through this thread again as I consider my next Hornskov as Christmas approaches. I was surprised to see you had ordered the Broker. I thought you might consider the dimensions too big and imposing. I love mine, but find I have to be selective with what I wear it with.
I see you went for a wider ribbon. Did you change any of the other dimensions?

I’m having a tough time deciding on one. Looking through the thread, I’m drawn to your natural felt with blue ribbon. I want a less imposing hat this time, but it tends to be the tall crowns on his website that appeal. The Diamond and the Alberti in particular. If I go for the Diamond, I may look at getting the crown size reduced (as my wife did for her Hornskov). I’m guessing that with the reshapable crown of the Alberti, it would best be left tall.
I see the Editor is no longer on his website. As I write this, I flick back to their website and think the Emissary looks nice, too, and with a medium crown…I’m going round in circles!

Beotaran

New in Town
I see the Editor is no longer on his website. As I write this, I flick back to their website and think the Emissary looks nice, too, and with a medium crown…I’m going round in circles!

It's there, they just changed the page layout a bit.
Shop --> custom hat --> Design your very own custom hat right here
the "here" word will take you to the editor

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I'm guessing he meant to decide the specs of the Editor in the Custom fields - but what I'd do is just order an Editor in the notes, or with your specific specs - Hornskov are very flexible in their modifications. For me the Editor is their finest, and no doubt will resurface, though think it is their current Narrator with a 2 3/8" brim. Personally I'm happy I stocked up before the price increases, as for me the $500 mark is the line where I sit and consider a new hat, or plainly stay out the game...

The Shoe

One Too Many
I'm guessing he meant to decide the specs of the Editor in the Custom fields - but what I'd do is just order an Editor in the notes, or with your specific specs - Hornskov are very flexible in their modifications. For me the Editor is their finest, and no doubt will resurface, though think it is their current Narrator with a 2 3/8" brim. Personally I'm happy I stocked up before the price increases, as for me the $500 mark is the line where I sit and consider a new hat, or plainly stay out the game...
I hear ya!
I’ve got the 25% discount available, but after that, I think the next one may be very far off.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I hear ya!
I’ve got the 25% discount available, but after that, I think the next one may be very far off.
I imagine that applies to the full order - two for you - the Editor and Mogul, and one for the Missus (an Alberti, that you can use too!...er, assuming you are the same size! -) )

The Shoe

One Too Many
I imagine that applies to the full order - two for you - the Editor and Mogul, and one for the Missus (an Alberti, that you can use too!...er, assuming you are the same size! -) )
Ouch!
I just checked the rewards page. With the new prices, they’ve changed the rewards, too. I now need 6000 points for 25% off, not 5000. I’m 550 points off. That really hurts.

Beotaran

New in Town
Anyways. My hat finally arrived and i was able to get my hands on it.
The packaging was sturdy an no visible dents on the parcel.
The felt really does feel great and the hat looks amazing. Size is good, all in all i am very happy with it.

Wife's comment: " yea, it looks good, but did you really need another hat? "

Attachments

• 20210923_082021.jpg
    20210923_082021.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 697
  • 20210923_082155.jpg
    20210923_082155.jpg
    989.9 KB · Views: 691
  • 20210923_082226.jpg
    20210923_082226.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 696
  • 20210923_082319.jpg
    20210923_082319.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 716
  • 20210923_082335.jpg
    20210923_082335.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 743
  • 20210923_100117.jpg
    20210923_100117.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 736
  • 20210923_100123.jpg
    20210923_100123.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 743

Pellie

One Too Many
The felt really does feel great and the hat looks amazing. Size is good, all in all i am very happy with it.

Great hat, looks good on you, but did you really need it?? :)

Apparently my wife can do some very long distance ventriloquism :)
Actually, she rarely looks up anymore before saying something like “as long as you like it that’s great.”

Good looking hat you got there!

Last edited:
Apparently my wife can do some very long distance ventriloquism :)
Actually, she rarely looks up anymore before saying something like “as long as you like it it that’s great.”

Good looking hat you got there!
My wife who is the rarest of breeds...never received a 'collectors gene'. She is a person who owns just one of most things except underwear. When I was building bikes I kept offering to build her additional ones and she always replied..."Why?, I have one already." I don't understand it but then again she cannot fathom me......but somehow it works!

sensy

New in Town
I went ahead and ordered a custom hat from them yesterday. I'm real new into hats in general, but I have been enjoying my current one a lot (mostly during hikes and such), so I went ahead and splurged on a custom, pure beaver western weight hat.

I can't wait to see the result.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk