Horrible movies, and the people who get duped into waching them....

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by Fedord Spaniard, Apr 16, 2009.

1. celtic

celtic A-List Customer

I need to get that DVD, I haven't seen it in years. Yes, it's bad, but to me it's so bad it's good.

How about Two Lane Blacktop?

:D

2. zetwal

zetwal I'll Lock Up

As far as super hyped movies go, Mission Impossible 2 and Dark Knight were just awful.

3. SamMarlowPI

SamMarlowPI One Too Many

:eusa_doh: shakeshead shakeshead

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hit The Dutchman

if you have seen it, you know what i'm talking about...the worst movie i think i have seen...although they did use the stick mags for the thompsons so...

but a disgrace to the mobster genre...

4. irb

irb Familiar Face

I hope none of the ladies and gentlemen of the lounge have been threatened with the movie Face/Off. Let me indulge in a plot synopsis for you:

Face.

Off.

I still cringe at the thought of it.

5. Lady Day

Lady Day I'll Lock Up Bartender

Fine, Ill say it.

LD

6. K.D. Lightner

K.D. Lightner Call Me a Cab

The Matrix -- I had heard so much about the movie, expected something profound and .... As I left the theatre with my friend, I quoted Tallulah Bankhead (when she walked into the Algonquin one afternoon), "There's less to this than meets the eye."

There are others, many films I didn't like, but had no expectations. It's the films I expect to be good, and then they aren't, that upset me.

7. Mike in Seattle

Mike in Seattle My Mail is Forwarded Here

I can't believe this wasn't in the first two or three...and I was reading each post careful to see if there was a mention before I launched into it. I've ranted about this one before but a quick summation: they changed the murderS of the Dahlia and a major character, and had another major character committ suicide - all changed from the book; they completely changed Elroy's story which was excellent; Hartnett can't act and is always painful to watch; and Hilary Swank...looking absolutely NOTHING like the real Dahlia or the actress playing her in the movie...and yet she's supposed to look exactly like her...and another horrid performance by her; and the list just goes on...

And future generations will grow up thinking a fictitious crazed society matron committed a murder...

8. Mahagonny Bill

Mahagonny Bill Practically Family

THIS. What makes Highlander II so bad was the expectation. Arguably Highlander III is a worse film, but because of the anticipation of a worthy sequel to the first movie and the utter dismal disappointment of the ridiculous story (the planet Zeist? Really?!?), Highlander II remains the top of my list for worse movies of all time. It is the touchstone by which I judge all other bad movies.

9. maggiethespy

maggiethespy A-List Customer

Oh, and that horrid accent! She sounded like she was trying to play an aged Katherine Hepburn completely unsuccessfully. Honestly, Mia Kirchner was too pretty to be Elizabeth Short, but I think hers was the most compelling performance in the film. Scarlett Johanson is normally on my list of least favorite actresses, but man, this brought my disdain to a whole new level.

What really got me was the way the narration kept hitting you over the head with the fact that this was supposed to be a film noir. Gag me, please-- subtlety is more effective.

I could go on for days, but I'll stop myself for now.

10. You mean the one so bad the director had to go back and redo the whole movie? I thought Endgame was okay except for Connor losing his head and Duncan not having a chance to reconcile with his ex... (so I like an ending where the good guy doesn't just end the bad guy but gets the girl too... indict me.)

11. Hatsquad

Hatsquad New in Town

"Australia" was a big disapointment for me. Poor acting, too much CGI phony action. Same problem with Indy IV.........cartoonish.

12. Barbigirl

Barbigirl Practically Family

~

Lawn Dogs - hated, loathed, incensed I had been robbed of two hours of my life.

13. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

Rachel Getting Married. We ran it for two weeks and I couldn't watch it all the way thru even once -- all the jiggly handheld camera stuff made me nauseous. Plus I wanted to slap everyone in the family.

14. Lady Day

*gag*

LD

15. KY Gentleman

KY Gentleman One Too Many

"Evils of the Night". An absolutely horrible movie.

16. Kermez

Kermez A-List Customer

One of the worst movies ever made, no lie.

I saw it in the theater, the night before it "premiered", for FREE (at the time, I had an "inside" connection - Form of: Brother-in-Law!), and... words just can't express the horror of it all... :mad:

Sorry, but I just have to end this post RIGHT NOW! :rage:

17. LordBest

LordBest Practically Family

Troy
    Alexander
    The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. (the old British television series is just so much better even with the very basic special effects)
    Star Trek Nemesis

18. Macheath

Macheath One of the Regulars

Another vote for Spiderman 3. I walked out midway through the film, and don't regret having spared myself. I'm sure nothing about the rest of the "story" was noteworthy.

I was also terribly disappointed by the original Ocean's Eleven. I love the Rat Pack, and it looks like they had fun making the film, but I was bored to tears watching it.

19. Lady Day

Max Payne
    Ive never dozed off to a movie so loud.

LD

20. The Fifth Element. I mean, we're talkin' full Gunny Hartmann Quote time...

"Holy Jesus! What was THAT?! WHAT THE [garbled] WAS THAT?!"

Can't forget RoboCrap 3, either... much as I really wish I could have those two hours erased from my memory, if not have them back to, say, even take up needlepoint instead... (What?! It's good enough for Roosevelt Greer, and I know of commandos who knit while flying out for their missions--they claim it's very good for stress and helping take their minds off pre-op jitters... I make it a point not to second-guess folks who could bench-press me one-armed lightly.lol)