Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horrible movies, and the people who get duped into waching them....

celtic

A-List Customer
SamMarlowPI said:
Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry

the worst acting in the world...

but i admit i own it because of the '69 charger...

i'll have to really think about other movies i strongly dislike...

I need to get that DVD, I haven't seen it in years. Yes, it's bad, but to me it's so bad it's good.

How about Two Lane Blacktop?

:D

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
celtic said:
How about Two Lane Blacktop?:D

:eusa_doh: shakeshead shakeshead

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hit The Dutchman

if you have seen it, you know what i'm talking about...the worst movie i think i have seen...although they did use the stick mags for the thompsons so...

but a disgrace to the mobster genre...

irb

Familiar Face
I hope none of the ladies and gentlemen of the lounge have been threatened with the movie Face/Off. Let me indulge in a plot synopsis for you:

Face.

Off.

I still cringe at the thought of it.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
The Matrix -- I had heard so much about the movie, expected something profound and .... As I left the theatre with my friend, I quoted Tallulah Bankhead (when she walked into the Algonquin one afternoon), "There's less to this than meets the eye."

There are others, many films I didn't like, but had no expectations. It's the films I expect to be good, and then they aren't, that upset me.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
maggiethespy said:
The Black Dahlia.

*shakes head in self-disappointment*

I can't believe this wasn't in the first two or three...and I was reading each post careful to see if there was a mention before I launched into it. I've ranted about this one before but a quick summation: they changed the murderS of the Dahlia and a major character, and had another major character committ suicide - all changed from the book; they completely changed Elroy's story which was excellent; Hartnett can't act and is always painful to watch; and Hilary Swank...looking absolutely NOTHING like the real Dahlia or the actress playing her in the movie...and yet she's supposed to look exactly like her...and another horrid performance by her; and the list just goes on...

And future generations will grow up thinking a fictitious crazed society matron committed a murder...

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Panache said:
Highlander II after enjoying the first one so much I raced out to see the sequel without reading any reviews.

What is really awful about this experience is that I organized a large group of people from my college fencing club to go with me...

shakeshead
THIS. What makes Highlander II so bad was the expectation. Arguably Highlander III is a worse film, but because of the anticipation of a worthy sequel to the first movie and the utter dismal disappointment of the ridiculous story (the planet Zeist? Really?!?), Highlander II remains the top of my list for worse movies of all time. It is the touchstone by which I judge all other bad movies.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Mike in Seattle said:
I can't believe this wasn't in the first two or three...and I was reading each post careful to see if there was a mention before I launched into it. I've ranted about this one before but a quick summation: they changed the murderS of the Dahlia and a major character, and had another major character committ suicide - all changed from the book; they completely changed Elroy's story which was excellent; Hartnett can't act and is always painful to watch; and Hilary Swank...looking absolutely NOTHING like the real Dahlia or the actress playing her in the movie...and yet she's supposed to look exactly like her...and another horrid performance by her; and the list just goes on...

And future generations will grow up thinking a fictitious crazed society matron committed a murder...

Oh, and that horrid accent! She sounded like she was trying to play an aged Katherine Hepburn completely unsuccessfully. Honestly, Mia Kirchner was too pretty to be Elizabeth Short, but I think hers was the most compelling performance in the film. Scarlett Johanson is normally on my list of least favorite actresses, but man, this brought my disdain to a whole new level.

What really got me was the way the narration kept hitting you over the head with the fact that this was supposed to be a film noir. Gag me, please-- subtlety is more effective.

I could go on for days, but I'll stop myself for now.

Mahagonny Bill said:
THIS. What makes Highlander II so bad was the expectation. Arguably Highlander III is a worse film, but because of the anticipation of a worthy sequel to the first movie and the utter dismal disappointment of the ridiculous story (the planet Zeist? Really?!?), Highlander II remains the top of my list for worse movies of all time. It is the touchstone by which I judge all other bad movies.
You mean the one so bad the director had to go back and redo the whole movie? I thought Endgame was okay except for Connor losing his head and Duncan not having a chance to reconcile with his ex... (so I like an ending where the good guy doesn't just end the bad guy but gets the girl too... indict me.)

Kermez

A-List Customer
Panache said:
Highlander II after enjoying the first one so much I raced out to see the sequel without reading any reviews.

One of the worst movies ever made, no lie.

I saw it in the theater, the night before it "premiered", for FREE (at the time, I had an "inside" connection - Form of: Brother-in-Law!), and... words just can't express the horror of it all... :mad:

Sorry, but I just have to end this post RIGHT NOW! :rage:

LordBest

Practically Family
Troy
Alexander
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. (the old British television series is just so much better even with the very basic special effects)
Star Trek Nemesis

Macheath

One of the Regulars
Another vote for Spiderman 3. I walked out midway through the film, and don't regret having spared myself. I'm sure nothing about the rest of the "story" was noteworthy.

I was also terribly disappointed by the original Ocean's Eleven. I love the Rat Pack, and it looks like they had fun making the film, but I was bored to tears watching it.

The Fifth Element. I mean, we're talkin' full Gunny Hartmann Quote time...

"Holy Jesus! What was THAT?! WHAT THE [garbled] WAS THAT?!"

Can't forget RoboCrap 3, either... much as I really wish I could have those two hours erased from my memory, if not have them back to, say, even take up needlepoint instead... (What?! It's good enough for Roosevelt Greer, and I know of commandos who knit while flying out for their missions--they claim it's very good for stress and helping take their minds off pre-op jitters... I make it a point not to second-guess folks who could bench-press me one-armed lightly.lol)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24