Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horween FQHH and shoulder bags/backpacks

thor

One Too Many
Nice jacket Sloan. Strap marks only add to the weathering, patina and overall rugged appeal of a well-worn, lived-in leather jacket.

It's the same colour as the HB that I sold. That jacket had lots of red tones, it was either chestnut or the colour of Aero Cordovan, depending on the light. Nicest colour and leather I've ever seen. Either way, I need one of these. CR in such brown. :)

Haha, cheers. It's a beaut by any standard. Here's a couple of pics of the jacket - they're a bit overexposed, but you can see the contrast clearly on the back:

Wow. I would've sworn that's Cordo. Fantastic jacket man. The brown J-106 I had didn't have nearly that much red. That's a super rich brown.

Witchtrip

One of the Regulars
...or buy a shoe polish creme in the same colour and fix the wear once it gets out of hand. :D
Blasphemer!

I was curious if there's a wax I could get to buff this thing to a mirror-like shine. It's not as shiny as the sample I got and really wanted high shine.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I guess shoe polish and a good buffing brush would do the job, but any cream you add would start out shiny but then be absorbed and go dull. Personally, if I was looking for a jacket to keep a brilliant finish, I wouldn't go with Aero. The point of them is that they develop a vintage/antique look at an accelerated rate.

Witchtrip

One of the Regulars
I didn't realize you could do such a thing... I was kind of kidding about waxing, but now that you mention it.

I do love the shinyness of the FQHH sample I got and my jacket is definitely duller. It shines more in pictures which is interesting. I didn't want to get garish, I just wanted to possibly bump it up a notch. Is it bad to use a creme on these jackets? I know the horween is tanned with lots of fats and waxes. I wouldn't want to introduce more chemicals to it. So much to learn...

Witchtrip

One of the Regulars
And I'm definitely not interested in a uniform, persistently brilliant finish. I like the idea of high parts of folds being shiny while the creases develop grain, etc... Similar to the tumbled FQHH. I just wanted to tumble it myself :)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
...or buy a shoe polish creme in the same colour and fix the wear once it gets out of hand. :D

I have sinned, I grabbed black shoe creme and darken the deep parts of the creases on my black goat jacket... and use brown shoecream on my cheap black combat boots to make it looks more expensive
I also cleaned my shoecream stained fingers to my jeans...
there is only hell waiting for my soul...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Craig, your brown FQHH LHB is what prompted me to go with its sibling Teamster also in brown FQHH.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Generally, I think that the less you worry about a jacket, the better. If you worry about them too much, every little mark becomes a body blow, when in fact what you should do is lick your finger and give it a rub.

And even easier to not think about jackets at all and just buy a new quilted nylon thing from K-mart every two years for $20.00.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points