Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horween USA and Aero Leather Joint Statement

cordwangler

One of the Regulars
I'd not want to take this thread off-topic, but I was just reminded of this

[video=youtube;jzdP5zbe-oQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzdP5zbe-oQ[/video]

and Little Richard's best known number

[video=youtube;dioNDDIqNOY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dioNDDIqNOY[/video]

alex1976

New in Town
Just a comment about Giles. apart from the drama. I was looking for IH/AERO collab, but aero was not making them anymore, Giles offered to sell me an aero cafe racer he had that was used as a prototype, used very lightly, I agreed to buy it and he sent it to me without seeing or getting a penny. I payed soon after but it was in my possession well before that. Class all the way.

you can buy my old cafe racer now!:eusa_clap

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Hello!

I dig out this thread to show my new Highwayman - yes, and this time it is horsehide. I love the leather, its smell, and also the fit is perfect! Customizing of the back length and the sleeves's length worked perfectly and much better than under Will's and Amanda's "management".

Many thanks to Holly and Ken and to the rest of the Aero's staff. You did a great job:

I sized down from #38 to #36 and had the length of the body and the sleeves customized. So this is a jacket to be worn without a layer, just with a shirt.

No storm cuffs, brown cord stripes 2" at the waist and 1" at the cuffs.

Aero did a great job!!!

Kind regards,

Johannes

wdw

One Too Many
Looks great. At last the saga draws to an end.

My replacement HWM arrived today, although I won't see it until I get home tomorrow.

Lungomare

A-List Customer
The zip fastener goes a little bit heavy - don't know the correct word, maybe I'd say firm or severe. Know what I mean? Any idea, like applying a little bit of soap or oil used for sewing machines?

Thanks,

Johannes

Johannes
Great fitting jacket..!
Try rubbing a little candle wax..or beeswax on the zipper (soap may work as well). Careful with any oils that can stain the HH..zipper tape..or lining.
Nice Highwayman!
HD

frussell

One Too Many
I'm supposedly in the queue for my replacement. Holy mentioned early Feb for completion, but that sounds a bit optimistic at this date. Still not sure what my out-of-pocket cost will be with return, VAT, or any other issues. Looking forward to a hopefully happy ending. Frank

Foster

One of the Regulars
Looks fantastic.

Years ago, Langlitz suggested that I use some paraffin or solid beeswax to rub along the teeth of my zippers. Works great.
I agree. I have a small block of paraffin wax which I use from time to time, it has lasted me 20 years and always makes the zippers move more freely.

I'm supposedly in the queue for my replacement. Holy mentioned early Feb for completion, but that sounds a bit optimistic at this date. Still not sure what my out-of-pocket cost will be with return, VAT, or any other issues. Looking forward to a hopefully happy ending. Frank

Just make sure that Aero ships replaced jacket as 'return'...or 'repair'..so no U.S. (new jacket) 'duties' will be charged. Shouldn't cost you anything ..unless you've added additional customization.
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points