Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horween USA and Aero Leather Joint Statement

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Thanks for your inputs. I'll try some wax.

BTW: Every second of the waiting time will be "refunded" by the pleasure you experience with an Aero jacket!

Regards,

Johannes

Plumbline

One Too Many
Awesome jacket ... the hide looks fantastic like a crosss between Cordovan and Brown. That's gonna look fantastic when it's got some miles on the clock :) Wear it well Johannes

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I finally got my FQHH caught in the pouring rain this evening. A two mile walk back home from the office in freezing cold rain - jacket was plenty warm with a thick jumper under it - and it's dried out nicely and feels a little bit softer.

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Thanks a lot for the esteemed compliments on my HWM!

BTW: I noticed the zip fastener is not an Aero but a Talon (made in USA). Any experience concerning the durability compared with the Aero fastener?

Kind regards,

Johannes

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's one of the nicest photos of a HWh I've seen. You look like you were made for it (or it was made for you?) Wear it in good health.

Lungomare

A-List Customer

BTW: I noticed the zip fastener is not an Aero but a Talon (made in USA). Any experience concerning the durability compared with the Aero fastener?

Kind regards,

Johannes

Edward

Bartender

Kind regards,

Johannes

I was advised by Aero (can't honestly recall who, I think it was still Amanda) that the Talon is a little bit more delicate than the Aero own-brand zip. I do have both and don't have a problem with the talon in my A2.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Obviously, and the World's leading zip-maker, Talon make many different zips.

Around a hundred different pulls here:

http://www.talonzippers.com/fasteners/pulls/

Any chance of a pic of the one Aero is using?:D

At the moment it's this one.... we're waiting for a Talon Rep to stop by to see us tho to discuss the various options.

talonzip.jpg

Holly

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Mine is running dry, severe to close. Which wax to apply? Some kind of special oil?

Thanks and kind regards,

Johannes

My question exactly. I've some zips that could use some lube. Of course "3 in 1" machine oil won't do and I assume silicon spray's also out. So what do you put on zips to maintain a smooth pull?

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112