Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horween USA and Aero Leather Joint Statement

majormajor

One Too Many
Thanks for the compliment!

These jeans are my best fitting pair - R.J.B D105S Straight

Real Japan Blues, 14 oz raw denim - got it from here: http://shop.dc4.de/Men/Jeans/R-J-B-D105S-Straight::667.html

Actually sold out, but they might get a restock ...

Kind regards,

Johannes

Very cool looking jeans, Johannes.

But your optimism re Japan goods, whilst admirable, is misplaced.

The likelyhood of stuff like this being restocked is on a par with a cow jumping over the moon;)

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Very cool looking jeans, Johannes.

But your optimism re Japan goods, whilst admirable, is misplaced.

The likelyhood of stuff like this being restocked is on a par with a cow jumping over the moon;)

:D It was the shop owner himself who talked about restock ...

But the comparing with the cow is really funny!

Regards,

Johannes

P.S.: If you are looking for real cool denim stuff get here:

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/bottoms

The Ironheart IH634s is the next pair of my jeans that really fits well - have a look:

Last edited:

majormajor

One Too Many
:D It was the shop owner himself who talked about restock ...

But the comparing with the cow is really funny!

Regards,

Johannes

P.S.: If you are looking for real cool denim stuff get here:

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/bottoms

The Ironheart IH634s is the next pair of my jeans that really fits well - have a look:

Hi Johannes

I understand that Aero used to stock Iron Heart, but have stopped since the "old management" left. A good friend of mine got one of their last pairs. They are very nice, but since he compared them with my Freddies (which are a third of the price), he's buying Freddies next time:D;)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I just don't get the jean thing. They're jeans, don't look any different than my Levi's!!!
But to the discerning eye there is a difference; just as there is a difference in quality of material and make of various leather jackets. Same goes with hats, shoes, suits, etc,.............

Lungomare

A-List Customer
I just don't get the jean thing. They're jeans, don't look any different than my Levi's!!!

Differences:

- Quality
- Stitching
- Denim Quality (21 oz!)
- Strongness
- Fit (Levi's don't fit me well)

BTW: Thank you guys for all the nice words!

Kind regards,

Johannes

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Great looking jacket Johannes, jeans fit is spot on, and the dog looks superb!

D

Peppina (so her name) found us while we spent our holidays on Sicily (where dogs are disesteemed and mostly have to struggle for survival). She was all alone and we took her into our heart and with us home, where she has a wonderful life together with our two cats (she had to learn that our cats don't want to play with her :)). She is no four years old and our sweetheart ...

Regards,

Johannes

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
I'm wearing Ironhearts as we speak. Second skin. If you're in London, try Son of a Stag, off Brick Lane, for great Japanese Selvedge denim selection (although not Ironheart, I believe).

And I like your dog!

SJ

Last edited:

pauleway

Practically Family
Differences:

- Quality
- Stitching
- Denim Quality (21 oz!)
- Strongness
- Fit (Levi's don't fit me well)

BTW: Thank you guys for all the nice words!

Kind regards,

Johannes

OK I can understand that! Just remember the old saying- "It's not how you feel, it's how you look, and you look marvelous!!!

Differences:- Quality- Stitching- Denim Quality (21 oz!)- Strongness- Fit (Levi's don't fit me well)BTW: Thank you guys for all the nice words!Kind regards,Johannes
Johannes, Thanks for the info and the great pics! Very nice.And to anyone in here that drools over leather and doesn't get the jeans thing, I have no words. You guys will spend $800 on boots, $1200 on a jacket, $150 on a shirt, and only dare to don a pair of $35 Levis? I thought we were better enablers than that! lol

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Ahem... Ahem ah say!!!!

1. $1,000 on one jacket... the rest used.
2. $180 on a pair of Chippewa boots.
3. Shirts? Who pays for shirts... they're gifts!
4. Jeans... whatever'll fit.

You may have helped me contract "leather lunacy" but ah'll be danged if I'm goin' down the rest of that road!

Worf

PS Ship the rest of your jackets on Monday.... The second mortgage came through!!!

Last edited:

pauleway

Practically Family
Johannes, Thanks for the info and the great pics! Very nice.And to anyone in here that drools over leather and doesn't get the jeans thing, I have no words. You guys will spend $800 on boots, $1200 on a jacket, $150 on a shirt, and only dare to don a pair of $35 Levis? I thought we were better enablers than that! lol

A man has to know his limits!! (Spending limits, that is)!

A man has to know his limits!! (Spending limits, that is)!
That's fine - 100%But, I just don't get the questioning the quality/difference of the jeans is all. I'm still not sold on dropping that much yet. I haven't done it. But I think I'll own at least one pair to have. They should last until I die, so not a bad investment, barring some unforeseen event :)

jimmer_5

Practically Family

I get this line of thinking, but this is how I see it (admittedly I a less tahn educated oh high end jeans). It seems like there is a bit of a gap as jeans go. You can get $35 Levi's, and you can spend $100 and up on fashion jeans, but really high quality jeans (Iron Heart, etc) seem to be about $350-$400 a pair. A top end leather jacket may cost 2-3 times what a cheaper one costs, but truly high quality jeans seem to cost about 10 times what a pair of Levi's will run you ($350 vs. $35).

I really want a pair of 23 ounce boot cut Iron Hearts, but I can get really solidly made Carhartts or Duluth Trading pants for $60 and then I go spend the rest on another good pair of White's boots.... :)

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
You should try buying Levis in the UK. Thirty five dollars? The list price is about £65 or $100 and you might get them cheaper on special offers at some times of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko