Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horween USA and Aero Leather Joint Statement

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
Sorry Frussel, didn't realize you live in desert! Doesn't it get chilly at night in deserts though? Glad the others see it in a similar way to me though, Once it breaks in to your frame properly.... I don;t reckon you'll give it a second thought.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The more that I look at of the pictures of Frank's teamster, the more pumped I get about the imminent arrival of mine.

frussell

One Too Many
Fanch - I can't remember the exact time, but DHL was really speedy with mine after it cleared customs. If it's made from the same batch of horsehide as mine, and I suspect Nick's (Dav), you'll be very pleased. I've been a little whiny about the shoulders on mine, but I couldn't be happier with the leather. They put the inside pocket in the leather facing, like it should be, as on Nick's re-make, even though I didn't expect one, as I thought they didn't come standard on the Teamster. I know you get some hot weather in my former state, and this Horween batch Aero was waiting on has all the color and texture I like about horsehide, but is pretty flexible and lightweight. Be sure and post photos when it comes, until recently there weren't many Teamster photos available. Frank

Rockin' Dog

New in Town
Hey Frank....
Now that I've also seen the pics .....Fella, if I saw you coming down the street in that jacket, I would have to look at it for an hour before I'd notice that shoulder crease! It's like staring at the Taj Mahal and then eventually drawing one's eye to a small crack in the masonry! - no big deal! :D
That jacket is sweet and you can add my opinion (for what it's worth) in with most of our other Lounger friends. Keep it! I think that shoulder will relax in time when it breaks in.
Watering it can accelerate that process, tho honestly, wear it and watch it get some patina on it, it's a great looking jacket with plenty of character there and more importantly it really suits you.

Post up some more pics after you've had your "winter".
- R'D

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Thanks for sending me the photos Frank, it's been chaos in here with our dealer week so I've not got to them yet, but things quieten down after today so won't be long in getting feedback to you!

frussell

One Too Many
Thanks Holly. I think I sent more, but my emails kept bouncing back because the photos were too big. You can see them here in this thread, for the most part. RD - I appreciate the kind words. Frank

Last edited:

Cooperson

One Too Many
Jacket looks a great fit to me Frank. It could be a bit of thinner, jerky type hide in the right shoulder area but it shouldn't be a deal breaker. I'm sure as the whole jacket breaks in and softens, the difference in the way the area creases will just blend in. I think it's rare to get a jacket that's completely matched in colour and texture. The style suits you very well, enjoy!

frussell

One Too Many
Quick question for all you Aero experts. I noticed that the front panels of my new Teamster are not even. It's not a huge difference, the left side is somewhere around 1/2 inch longer, measuring from the front yoke down to the bottom. Aero has a size 50 Teamster on the sale page that is significantly discounted due to a similar error. Is this normal for Aero's button front jackets, or not? Thanks, Frank

majormajor

One Too Many
Quick question for all you Aero experts. I noticed that the front panels of my new Teamster are not even. It's not a huge difference, the left side is somewhere around 1/2 inch longer, measuring from the front yoke down to the bottom. Aero has a size 50 Teamster on the sale page that is significantly discounted due to a similar error. Is this normal for Aero's button front jackets, or not? Thanks, Frank

I guess that is a question only Holly can answer, Frank:D

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
2013-04-14110731.jpg

My neighbor snapped a subpar picture
Of my new Teamster yesterday and appears that the front panel on the left side is slightly longer than on the right, same as yours. I see it as a nonissue. I see it as amazing that the machinists are able to work FQHH at all. In the case of your jacket, I would think that cutting and matching hides could well have been a daunting challenge. Based on the photos you showed, I continue to think you have a helluva jacket there, including fit. :thumb:

pauleway

Practically Family
2013-04-14110731.jpg

Of my new Teamster yesterday and appears that the front panel on the left side is slightly longer than on the right, same as yours. I see it as a nonissue. I see it as amazing that the machinists are able to work FQHH at all. In the case of your jacket, I would think that cutting and matching hides could well have been a daunting challenge. Based on the photos you showed, I continue to think you have a helluva jacket there, including fit. :thumb:

Fanch - That is just a great looking jacket, and really a perfect fit all the way around!

pauleway

Practically Family
2013-04-14110731.jpg

Of my new Teamster yesterday and appears that the front panel on the left side is slightly longer than on the right, same as yours. I see it as a nonissue. I see it as amazing that the machinists are able to work FQHH at all. In the case of your jacket, I would think that cutting and matching hides could well have been a daunting challenge. Based on the photos you showed, I continue to think you have a helluva jacket there, including fit. :thumb:[/QU
Delete double post!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
HD, I also meant to thank you, as well as others, who greatly assisted me regarding how I structured my Teamster. One of the things that I recall is your telling me that you don't like to sit on longer jackets, which pearl of information directed me to go with a 28.5" back length, and I found that I don't sit on my Teamster at that level but would have if the jacket had been a couple of inches longer. I have gradually and painfully learned that I needed to size down to a 42, which you also told me a long time ago, and I should have done a better job of listening to you. *shakes head at learning curve that is way too shallow* :eusa_doh:

Last edited:

frussell

One Too Many
majormajor - turns out Ken can answer it, as Holly referred the question to him a few minutes after I posted here. Regarding the length discrepancy, it "isn't a problem, but if you aren't happy send it back for a refund - but we can't make this for you again, as if you're not happy with this fit we wouldn't be confident of getting it right for what would be a 3rd jacket. Ken." He and Holly both agreed on the general consensus here that the jacket is a good fit. Not exactly the news I was hoping to hear, especially when there's a Teamster in the sale section that's heavily discounted with a similar issue. I got a response from Johnson Leathers saying they could fix the shoulder issue for well under $200, although I'd probably lose a little over an inch on the sleeves. My concern with the shoulders is that as it's breaking in, the extra material wants to either bunch up, or make a sunken dimple on the shoulder that gives an otherwise sharp jacket a sloppy look. Any thoughts on repairs or otherwise (Insurrection kindly turned down the alteration, so that's out)?
Thanks, Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112