Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hotel in Chicago?

Louie

Familiar Face
Looking for a good, vintage style, hotel in Chicago for this weekend. My Dad wants to stay in a "good" section, so if any of those things sound familiar, let me know.

Louie

epr25

Practically Family
We stayed at the China Town SRO hotel. It was not fancy in any way at all. But at $73.00 a night and secure parking for $3.00 a day it was worth it. Not a threatening area at all. It was about 2 blocks from the El too.

Louie

Familiar Face
epr25 said:
We stayed at the China Town SRO hotel. It was not fancy in any way at all. But at $73.00 a night and secure parking for $3.00 a day it was worth it. Not a threatening area at all. It was about 2 blocks from the El too.

Well, since it is a business trip, $$$$ is not really an object (but not gonna spend $400 a night). Want to stay in an good, older/vintage hotel. Just going to be there for one night, so, not a long stay.

epr25

Practically Family
What about the Drake?

CHIDHVI.jpg

084123_EXT_01_J.jpg

HH_DRAKE-exter-1.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
The Palmer House Hilton. Amazing art deco hotel. AMAZING. And right in the loop downtown near the Magnificent Mile/Michigan Ave and Millinium Park.

Louie

Familiar Face
KittyT said:
The Palmer House Hilton. Amazing art deco hotel. AMAZING. And right in the loop downtown near the Magnificent Mile/Michigan Ave and Millinium Park.

Thanks Kitty!!! Just booked the room!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I would recommend the Ambassador East. It was the choice of all the Golden Era stars for their Chicago layover when they had to switch trains while traveling from coast to coast.

Hundreds of photos from their visits line the walls of the venerable Pump Room .

pump-room.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Louie said:
Thanks Kitty!!! Just booked the room!

Ooh I hope you like it. Check out this thread on Chicago art deco from in the Steamer Trunk. There are some photos in there of the Palmer House.

I think I may have mis-spoken - thinking about it, the Palmer House is pre-deco but it's still magnificent. I stayed there for 4 days on a business trip and was very satisfied, both with the accommodations and the staff. Also, the hotel bar on the 2nd floor is great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats