Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How did you find the lounge?

Wild Root

Gone Home
Darn you Matt Deckard!!!

Yep, it's his fault... ALL OF IT! lol

I was friends with him before there was a Lounge... he ran into MK and then he started hanging out with him and other members at the Pub and other gatherings... he then twisted my arm to join pretty good... so, I joined.lol

So, here I am, over three years later... crazy stuff!

=WR=

Brooksie

One Too Many
Newbie here! I found the Fedora Lounge while googling vintage Make-up and it directed me here. I looked around and I liked what I saw and I joined up right away, I did not even lurk, I just started posting! Everbody is so cool here!!! Luv Ya All.

Brooksie

Smile it will make people wonder what you are up to!

Rosie

One Too Many
I don't remember exactly, I think I was googling vintage makeup or hairstyles and came across a thread, I jumped right in with positng and haven't stopped yet. :rolleyes:

RedPop4

One Too Many
My friend Spiridon drove over to New Orleans to watch the Super Bowl, and had a brand new custom hat he wanted to show off. I complimented him on it, and he told me he had three wool hats in the car he wasn't going to wear anymore since he got his new hat.

Did I want them? Sure, I'll take them. I started wearing them, and he told me he visited this site, that seemed a lot like Cigar Weekly where we met, and that I'd like it. So I joined, and have been posting where appropriate and reading in other spots.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm a regular over on The High Road. A thread popped up about vintage holsters a while ago and I followed the link. Used to date a swing dance instructor and I've liked hats for a while so I've been lurking intermittently, soaking up the vintage.

Finally, y'all being such a nice community, decided to bite the bullet and join up. What's one more forum after all? :eusa_doh:

I too am working a new line (vintage) into my budget. :eek:

S

Samsa

Hm, I actually don't remember the exact circumstances. I had just bought my first fedora (a new, non-vintage stingy brim) from a local hatter and was researching hats in general, and somehow came upon this site. Maybe through the Golden Era site?

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Conflict..

I'm in conflict over this one. It was either Atomic or a search engine that I did on Google eventually brought me here. Either way, I'm glad that what ever the heck it was...it was good.

FG.

Hondo

One Too Many
WWII

I came by this site while looking for WWII era items, little did I know it would lead me further, Movies, Golden Era, Hats...I'm just hoping we remain "Fedora Lounge" some times we go off topic, other eras, its fine, but... you catch me drift ;) Guess thats why there are monitors, but I've learned quite a bit from many here, grateful, carry on gang.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I'm pretty sure I came across it in a Google search sometime last fall -- I was getting bored with my hairstyle and was looking around for period-appropriate inspiration, and that led me to the Powder Room. Having been a solitary vintage-living kind of gal for most of my life, I was amazed that there were actually *other people out there* who were the same way.

I lurked for a while, to make sure I hadn't stumbled onto some kind of sinister hat-wearing plot for world domination (I'd just read a detective novel revolving around an evil retro cult, and had a hard time shaking it), and when I was satisfied that all was on the square, I joined up!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I'm a regular over on the WWII Reenactor message forum, and was looking for information on period hairstyles to go with my uniforms. Denise (D Day Doll) directed me over this way. I had previously lurked here in a couple of threads, but hadn't registered.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I'm not sure I remember...

It was definitely through a link from another site, probably 1940's fashion or hair related. It wasn't that long ago, so it's odd I can't remember the source exactly.

waingirl

One of the Regulars
I was doing a yahoo search on vichy water for my Casablanca themed wedding and found tons of interesting stuff here! I am so glad I found it, now I'm addicted.

Caledonia

Practically Family
I think I was looking for vintage hair style info. But can't remember exactly. But, whatever, I'm really glad I found it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy