Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do folks react to your hat wearing?

ysypumab.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
i love that pic, i got one like it on my locker, i have been wearing these hats for years and my buddy made a joke pic , i will photo it

Last edited:

hatguy1

One Too Many
Agreed! But the scene at the vintage clothing store was clearly hat-induced; not a political rant. All good, or so I felt.

Really? Seriously? "...she bursts into an inane anti-Republican health care rant." Sounds like some pretty political phraseology to me. Again, this is not the venue for such.

Sorry hatguy1. I really didn't (or wouldn't have been) listening to her. She could have been making her assertion about many groups, clubs, religions affiliation, etc. But political party? Too funny!

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
Inane..
1. lacking sense, significance, or ideas; silly: inane questions.
2. empty; void.

Sorry but I took it as "lacking sense" in effect. She had to rant about something, heck it could have been the weather & he didnt pay attention to it.

Text can be so lacking at times IMHO, so many things can be read into it or assumed.

And funny, most pols here dont wear hats, or newscasters, weathermen, pundits or the even most of the average joes. They wear those flippin ballcaps. :eusa_doh:

facade

A-List Customer
In order to stem the tide of criticism, I asked the US government to scrub any offensive language from my post. Here is the redacted version.

Walked ---- a vintage clothing store and, after greeting me, the clerk asks if I --- a ----------. After responding --, --- ----- ---- an ----- --------------- ------ ---- ----. After ---- done -------, I ask why ---- ------- I --- a ----------. --- answer, ----------- all wear those fedoras.

I questioned the exclusion of ---, apparently that is one of the words the Knights of Ni are not allowed to hear.

Hopefully this settles the matter.

Edward

Bartender
I love the NSA - and our equivalent, GCHQ. For years people have whinged and complained that the government never listen to us, but now.... lol

Walked into a vintage clothing store and, after greeting me, the clerk asks if I was a Republican. After responding no, she bursts into an inane anti-Republican health care rant. After shes done ranting, I ask why she thought I was a Republican. Her answer, Republicans all wear those fedoras.

?????? :confused:

A few years ago a friend of mine of a decidedly Liberal persuasion was showing me some pics he had taken of some town during a roadtrip in the Midwest. I mentioned something about a water tower and then he went into a rant about... Nixon! To this day I have no idea how we got on the subject of the 37th President.

vintage68

Practically Family
In order to stem the tide of criticism, I asked the US government to scrub any offensive language from my post. Here is the redacted version.

Walked ---- a vintage clothing store and, after greeting me, the clerk asks if I --- a ----------. After responding --, --- ----- ---- an ----- --------------- ------ ---- ----. After ---- done -------, I ask why ---- ------- I --- a ----------. --- answer, ----------- all wear those fedoras.

I questioned the exclusion of ---, apparently that is one of the words the Knights of Ni are not allowed to hear.

Hopefully this settles the matter.

The U.S. Gub'mint, it's a silly place....

John Galt

Vendor
Text can be so lacking at times IMHO, so many things can be read into it or assumed.

You are so right. This particular flap is probably just the result of the story telling style rather than any sort of overreaction.

One must take care to prepare one's audience. Some tips gleaned from the experts.

1. The lead in is important. Maybe next time start out with something like:

"A funny thing happened on my way to the forum."

yhyzeta6.jpg

2. Wardrobe is also important. It would have maybe helped to know how he was dressed when he actually told the story. Putting these together, he maybe should have dressed like this and started with: "So a man goes into a store wearing a hat, see..."

y5e2emam.jpg

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

Last edited:

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
Too funny, I can rant about anything almost at the drop of a hat, I just try to curb myself when it comes to doing it on a computer because its hard for others to know how I mean it.. serious, funny, inane, whatever.

Ehh, its all good in the end. Glad to hear facade that you dont let it stop you from wearing your hats. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav