Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do folks react to your hat wearing?

Had a gentleman approach me in the grocery store yesterday and tell me "that's a good looking hat, is it a Stetson?" When I replied "it's a Wormser", that started the whole what's a Wormser conversation. I was dressed in my usual uniform of jeans, snap button shirt, boots and my new Pendleton pigskin vest and as we began to part ways, he gave me the once over and said, "well you sure look natty." Made the whole holiday grocery shopping ordeal much more pleasant.

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
I was called to jury duty last week , and was almost immediately dismissed. I had other business at the courthouse ( taxes among them ) and stopped and talked to some old friends . On the way down the stairs someone called and I turned to be joined by one of the defense lawyers who complimented me on my dress and hat - I was wearing black dress slacks, blue shirt with black leather jacket and had a vintage blue/gray whippet. As we reached the door to his office he told me that I was dismissed because they felt that I would have too much influence on the others.

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I was called to jury duty last week , and was almost immediately dismissed. I had other business at the courthouse ( taxes among them ) and stopped and talked to some old friends . On the way down the stairs someone called and I turned to be joined by on of the defense lawyers who complimented me on my dress and hat - I was wearing black dress slacks, blue shirt with black leather jacket and had a a vintage blue/gray whippet. As we reached the door to his office he told me that I was dismissed because they felt that I would have too much influence on the others.
I should have tried that, just to see what would happen.

Well just for my part of this thread....Yes, I get the usual looks.....everything from bewilderment to "Wow that is too cool". I Do get a lot of smiles and comments from the ladies and some times men will actually comment positively about the hat and ask questions.

Often times I get that "Wow" look from the men, but they are too cool to comment or say anything. There have been a few that keep looking and you know they want to ask about the hat but don't. Of course there are those that think it is goofy.

When I am in a suit with my bow-tie THEN the comments really start flowing........... Again, and I cannot emphasize this enough a LOT of women really, really like the hat and dress.......................all ages too. Many have said that is the way a MAN should dress. Some have said they wished their Boyfriend/Husband dressed better...................
Just saying...............
M

I was called to jury duty last week , and was almost immediately dismissed. I had other business at the courthouse ( taxes among them ) and stopped and talked to some old friends . On the way down the stairs someone called and I turned to be joined by one of the defense lawyers who complimented me on my dress and hat - I was wearing black dress slacks, blue shirt with black leather jacket and had a vintage blue/gray whippet. As we reached the door to his office he told me that I was dismissed because they felt that I would have too much influence on the others.
Only time I was in the jury pool I was wearing jeans & a Western hat. When I checked in at the jury room the computer randomly gave me #13, & I thought to myself that ain't good. There were 66 people in the pool that day because originally they were going to seat juries for two trials but one trial was settled the night before. So it was a big crowd.

When we lined up to go into the court room to be questioned by the lawyers the bailiff told us to line up in numerical order & that there was room for the first 15 of us to sit in the jurors box & the rest would set down in the courtroom. Being #13 I again thought to myself that ain't good. As I sat down in the jurors box I removed my hat & held it in my lap. I soon noticed that the lawyer's seemed to be concentrating on those of us in the jurors box with their questions & only occasionally went to those in the seats below with their questions. Again I thought to myself that ain't good.

To make a long story short I guess I didn't appear to make myself out as a big enough hick & the lawyers must have liked my answers to their questions. So did the other jurors because not only was I picked for the jury by the lawyers, I was picked by the jurors to be the foreman the first time we met. So I spent 8 days on the jury of a wrongful death lawsuit.

daddy0d0

A-List Customer
Now that I'm 56 I donot suffer fools well and will not let a fools rude behavior or comment go unattended to.
Some months ago I was in a local big box store wearing a FedIV and noticed 3 20 something's staring at me/hat, and snickering. Thought to myself "whatever" and went about my business, couple isles later I see them again and this time one of them says"nice hat dude" in a very snarky manner. Now again, I don't suffer fools or their ways well and will not shrink from putting one in their place when given the chance, so without misses the opportunity I looked at the fool and said "yeah, it is a nice hat and unlike your face I can always change it." Next thing I hear is his friends yelling at the fool "DUDE YOU JUST GOT ROASTED!" Completed my shopping with a shit eaten grin all the way to the checkout counter.

daddy0d0

A-List Customer
Now that I'm 56 I donot suffer fools well and will not let a fools rude behavior or comment go unattended to.
Some months ago I was in a local big box store wearing a FedIV and noticed 3 20 something's staring at me/hat, and snickering. Thought to myself "whatever" and went about my business, couple isles later I see them again and this time one of them says"nice hat dude" in a very snarky manner. Now again, I don't suffer fools or their ways well and will not shrink from putting one in their place when given the chance, so without misses the opportunity I looked at the fool and said "yeah, it is a nice hat and unlike your face I can always change it." Next thing I hear is his friends yelling at the fool "DUDE YOU JUST GOT ROASTED!" Completed my shopping with a shit eaten grin all the way to the checkout counter.
I will add to this that I'm 6'5 250 lbs and things like this donot usually happen.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

Something is seriously wrong with some late teen and twenty somethings , do parents just not teach their children anything ? They're crude , rude , and obnoxious , no manners at all . People used to get the crap beaten out of them when they couldn't act right . Good for you @daddy0d0 . Pretty sure a crummy Mother that thought he was perfect and still blames everyone but him is at the bottom of that , and a non-Father if there is a father . sad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ