Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Do You Edit Your Thread Title?

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
I searched the FAQs and could not find an answer. My initial post does not have an edit button.

Thanks in advance!

jnicktem

One of the Regulars
Where's the edit button? I was wondering this same thing. I belong to several forums but I just can't find how to edit the thread title here. I see the edit post in my normal posts... but not the first post of a thread I started.

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Somebody must know... I see people adding "SOLD" to the thread title for their classified ads all the time. Okay Loungers - whose got the secret?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Find the Edit Post button, beneath your first post in the thread, right next to the Reply, Reply with Quote and multi-quote buttons.
Click Edit Post.
Now off to the bottom right of your post (the same place where Reply, Reply with Quote, etc. were), you'll see Save, Go Advanced, Delete, and Cancel.
Click Go Advanced.
The next page will give you the option of changing your thread title.
This option (editing title or contents of a post) is only available for 3 days after you started the thread (or made the post you want to edit), so changing the title to Sold after that is not possible.

Last edited:

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the info, Lefty. My first post and thread title no longer has an edit button so I guess I'm out of luck. If the edit option is enabled for just 3 days, then unless you sell your item within 3 days you can't add SOLD to the thread title? That doesn't make sense to me. Oh, well... thanks again, pal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany