Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you store your hats?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
A western hat box do takes a lot of space... but even so, I don't have that many hats to rent a warehouse to store them :)
A small room is enough.

B1ggles

Familiar Face
I decided I had too many hats for my existing hat & coat hooks, so found this on eBay, it's on its way to me as we speak. Flemish, dating from the 30s, very nicely carved. The shelf will hold five or six hats comfortably.

Bad Co

One of the Regulars
photo (2).JPG

Like this in my office

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I store mines inside boxes but there are some permanently out. Now there are 2 big piles of boxes and some scattered in my house. Some have labels I made for brown boxes (so I know what they have inside) but I need to buy other cardboard boxes so they are all same size and allow to be easier to organize. Sadly almost all my hats arrived in a brown box and I only have those 11 hat boxes in the picture.
pileofboxes.jpg

B1ggles

Familiar Face
I was in my local pub a few months ago when the landlord, who had observed me walk in the door in a variety of hats over the years and look for a space to put them, quietly walked out from behind the bar and screwed a hat and coat hook to the wall near where I usually stand.

The great thing is, almost nobody uses it but me and, when they occasionally do, they ask my permission!

That's what I call a local!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy