Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how is the quality control at schott for their perfecto jackets?

irow

New in Town
i was considering getting a schott perfecto 618 jacket and i emailed schott and asked about sizing and they sent back a size chart and it looks ok. i go online and browse for recently made schott perfecto 618 jackets for sale on ebay and other classified and the sizing is all over the place. i already know the sizing chart is wrong and not to be trusted but after reading through so many classified i have to say this is ridiculous. so far i have come to the conclusion that quality control at schott is out of control, i mean when the shoulder of the jacket can vary between 1-2 inches for the same size, and the chest vary from 0 to 2 inches off for each model (compared between jackets) in the same size then that is unacceptable. (are they not allowed to fire people because of the union?) and not only this, jerri at schott refuses to measure a jacket by hand, i mean this baffles me, why can't you measure a jacket so i would know for sure what measurements i am getting? this is a perfectly reasonable request that can be done in 20 seconds, right?

how can i buy a jacket at schott? i like the classic perfecto style but they are seriously testing my limits, should i be looking elsewhere for a jacket is that what they want?

Last edited:

IXL

One Too Many
I believe I would be more wary of people on the interwebs posting exact measurements when you have no idea of how these people choose to measure anything, or even if they really know how to use a measuring tape.
I have several Schott jackets, and the fit is as is stated on their website: some fit small, some true to size, some a bit large. As I understand it, this is because some of the jacket styles are made from patterns used in the early 1900's when people were,umm, "smaller" in general. Other styles are patterned for the more "modern" American physique.
May I suggest you CALL Gail at Schott directly. She is a senior, only works a part of each day and knows everything. I'm sure she can help you get the right fit in the jacket style you desire.
Good luck!

irow

New in Town
i will give them a call tomorrow. it just seemed so odd that they wouldn't measure the jacket for me over email. is that really so hard?

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
Irow, I have two "high end" Schotts: a 641XX and a Per2 (vintage Perfecto).

For both jackets Gail provided me a size chart in Excel and I found it accurate: the PER2 is 25 7/8 long instead of 25 1/2, but we are talking about 1/4 of inch of tolerance, not 1 or 2.

I'm also considering the 618 horsehide but first I'm trying to get a japanese 613 US.

malligator

New in Town
i will give them a call tomorrow. it just seemed so odd that they wouldn't measure the jacket for me over email. is that really so hard?

Schott is a manufacturer, not a full-service retailer. They get a ton of requests for fitting help. I doubt they have time to pull jackets for measurements let alone make sure that exact jacket makes it to a specific person.

Cultured Cowboy in NC, Antler Creek in Austin, and Legendary USA in PA are Schott dealers. Maybe they could take measurements for you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner