Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Fedoras did you see today?

Hi Folks

I saw a very special Cavanaugh, that's correct very special, because it was delivery to my home today. I am happy with the fit and I like the black on black color. I will post some pics when time allows which means when my smart computer savvy daughter gets finished her homework and post the hat for me. LOL I am such a computer illiterate.. And I have no patiences.
I have another Cav expected for delivery by weeks end. I will post them both together.

So I saw only 1 fedora today. Tomorrow I expect to see plenty, I am going to see the movie " Lawless". I will report on the hats and the movie.
Best regards
CCjoe

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
On most days of the year, I see only 3 fedoras/straws a day (all of them my own). On a rare occasion, I see someone on the street also wearing a fedora, but that happens only a few times a year if at all.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
I saw two today. A young girl in a straw and I would guess a cloth fedora on a guy. I mainly see the cheaper fedoras that you can get at Target. But hey, that's where I used to get my "starters". The obsession for fur felt hats started after I joined The Fedora Lounge.

I live in Atlanta. Every once and a while I will see guys wearing fur felt fedoras. They're mainly in their 50s and 60s. I'm 34, so I always strike up a great conversation with them, because they're surprised to see me in such a nice hat.

One guy asked me if I was from Chicago, because I wear fedoras. Would love to go sometime and see people in hats!!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday I was at the bank wearing my Falcon Park Black Cherry and an older black guy wearing a sweet cap and looking waaay cooler than me (I know, not difficult) began to comment. We struck up a short conversation in line in which he brought up his collection of Stetsons and Borsalinos, and pointed out his vintage beige 8 panel Dobbs atop his head. Kinda cool, and when he saw my almost overwelt raw edge, he advised me to run a stitch through it or send it to Chicago where someone could do that for me. He pointed out that since it was raining, that edge would collect the water. Interestingly, I'd been thinking about welting it down recently and told him he had a good eye! A second, perhaps an Akubra was spotted at a restaurant after rehearsal last night.

Today-- two fedoras so far: one wide brimmed pork pie on a bicycle, and a stingy modern fabric hat on a baby's head shielding it from the sun while all the parents waited to pick up their kids from school.

Saw the IMAX version of Raiders of the Lost Ark last night. My 7X CB, cattleman/alpine crease, sat in seat next to me, empty theater almost.
Lady taking seat in the row in front of it said "Oh, an Indiana Jones hat!" Her husband replied, "Not really." Didn't see any other lids, except ball caps there, excluding those on the screen.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Saw the IMAX version of Raiders of the Lost Ark last night. My 7X CB, cattleman/alpine crease, sat in seat next to me, empty theater almost.
Lady taking seat in the row in front of it said "Oh, an Indiana Jones hat!" Her husband replied, "Not really."

lol Times like that require a pocket full of FL business cards. Are those available at The Store?

An older gentlemen approached me today and complimented me on my Cav, he also was wearing a nice by somewhat beat up looking fedora. I also spotted some cheaper looking straws.

With movies like Lawless and now Mob squad hitting the screen, I think the allure of the fedora will catch on.

Best regards

CCJ

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I hope not, Joe. The prices on eBay are quite high enough already, thank you!

Actually, the bleak fedora landscape survived Indiana Jones, Public Enemies, Boardwalk Empire etc so I'm not worried just yet.

The only hats I saw today were on my head or in my house.

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
I pulled up to turn onto the interstate this morning and there sat a bum sporting what appeared to a nice C-crown panama hat. Cleaning and disinfecting would have been in order but it was a nice hat. What I would have given to have half a bottle of Thunderbird in the trunk for trade.

I hope not, Joe. The prices on eBay are quite high enough already, thank you!

Actually, the bleak fedora landscape survived Indiana Jones, Public Enemies, Boardwalk Empire etc so I'm not worried just yet.

The only hats I saw today were on my head or in my house.
Hi DJH
I heard what your saying about the less folks wearing fedoras the better price us FL member can acquire some good ones. Good point.
Also, since my fedora addiction, some of my friends and fellow poker and bridge playing colleagues, while they compliment my look, they themselves claim they would never buy and wear a hat that was worn by someone they do not know, some even said they would not wear a worn hat from even family members. My guest is there are lots of folks out there that feel the same way.. Which is quit great for US vintage or as my aforementioned friends say USED HATS. We say VINTAGE they say USED or OLD...
Either way good for us.
TIA
Best regards
CCJOE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy