Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Hats?

How Many Hats Do You Own

• 0-4

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • 5-10

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • 11-20

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • 21+

Votes: 28 50.9%

• Total voters

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Good to see this thread get back to life. At one time we had so many fedoras that we literally had no place to store them all in the closets so then hat boxes invaded every single room other than the kitchen and bathroom for a place to be. The highest count of hats at one time was perhaps too many and then we decided to trim the amount we had and sold some to our fellow loungers here. Currently I own 4 vintage fedora hats and one vintage woman's hat, and Daniel owns 18 thin ribbons, two wide ribbon Hammies, five straw fedora hats, and two western hats. To date his favorite hat ever has been the custom hat made by TonyB (Tumwater Hats) and I have to agree, even the nicest vintage hats just are not as special to look at and touch as the custom from Tony. If I can simply refrain from spending as much money every month as I do, I will sure beg Tony to make another hat for my Husband.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Me too Charlie :eusa_doh:
I have today the urgence to catalog some arrived in these weeks and, at the end, I fell a little bit "guilty".

Last edited:
I forget who it was, but one very smart Lounger mentioned a long time ago that he never puts them all in one place, so it more difficult to notice the growth. He's terrible :D

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
50 hats... I would like to think that would be a lot but I know through out my living quarters there are more than 50 baseball caps. So 50 westerns is not unimaginable. I would really have to up my wardrobe to have a reason to wear 50 different hats. Ha Ha.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
50 hats... I would like to think that would be a lot but I know through out my living quarters there are more than 50 baseball caps. So 50 westerns is not unimaginable. I would really have to up my wardrobe to have a reason to wear 50 different hats. Ha Ha.

Different brands, different qualities, some with a story, some not, different colors, different creases, different brim width... you name it. Hard to wear them all so I keep some in "daily" rotation and some for special events.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I was somewhere in the upper 60s, but I've sold off a few and gave away a few, so now I'm down to 61. After awhile it kinda becomes redundant to get anymore unless they are a really good deal or very unique. I don't buy hats just for show though. I only buy em if I intend on wearing em.

fedoralover

I currently have ten; five fedoras and five flat caps. Somewhere around here I also have a cheap wool felt "outback" hat, a really cheap straw "western" hat that I got on a trip to the Caribbean just to keep the sun off (before I became a dedicated hat wearer), and a wonderful Brazilian hat made from recycled truck tarps, but none of them are hats anyone here would care about and I hardly ever wear them these days so they're not included in the ten. It's not a collection that would impress anyone, but at least it's manageable. :D

miket5r

A-List Customer
at the moment 2 Fedoras, 2 Akubras and one Western Hat, and 3 straw hats. but i have a little place problem, in the last years i have sold a few of my hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters