Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Hats?

How Many Hats Do You Own

• 0-4

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • 5-10

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • 11-20

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • 21+

Votes: 28 50.9%

• Total voters

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Hello there folks. I was just wondering about the number of hats Loungers own. I've just started, myself, so, I've only got three. Two Stetsons and a Portis. Well, four if you count the one thats way too small on me and is just a "display" hat. Also, do you keep your hats in the boxes? Do you have a hat rack or some other impressive display system?

Edit - To specify, i'm only counting my classic hats. I have several baseball caps, and other "billed" caps that I never wear.

S

Shaul-Ike Cohen

Lemme see - twelve hats and six caps, no display.
To my surprise, my wife has 20.

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
Hmmmm, maybe we need a 100+ category for the more severely afflicted...

At last count, it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 45, but it's a dynamic number. And I swear that total is going down by about 15 as soon as I get organized.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hmm, Good question. Let's see:

2 vintage Borsalinos
3 Adventurebilts
1 Montecristi
1 Straw fedora (non Vintage)
1 Vintage Dobbs 5th Ave Milan Braid
1 Akubra Federation
1 on the way!

So, 9, but almost 10! :)

WEEGEE

Practically Family
UPGRADES THROUGH TIME

To many to count...not as many as some...i think i will be opening a hat

store soon called the Seven & 3/8ths.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
10 Felt Fedoras, 2 Straw Fedoras and 2 newscaps.
All vintage except for the newscaps.
All in boxes when not on my head (Houston is a very dusty place).

I have a few things not in the total that I'll be selling soon too.

Magus

Practically Family
Snrbfshn said:
At last count, it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 45, but it's a dynamic number. And I swear that total is going down by about 15 as soon as I get organized.

Hmmmm....maybe I can help you thin the herd?

Let me know,
M

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Enough colors to go with my suits

I have two Akubra Stylemasters, a black one (my first fedora, purchased in early 1995) and a fawn one. I have a dark gey Akubra CEO fedora, and a black Akubra Squatter blocked into a tando style for my zoot suits. My most recent purchase was a Stetson Open Road from Ebay, about three months ago, which is a very light beige.

Enough color variation to match with my eleven suits, three vintage DB jackets and four 1940's 'loafer' jackets.

Kaleponi Craig

A-List Customer
One head, many hats...

7 fur felts: 3 Indy (an Adventurebilt, a Miller Bros. and a Lee Keppler), an Art Fawcett black beaver (made to look exactly like a 1940s Borsalino), a 1930s Chase (blocked Bogart style), a 1950s Stetson Open Road (blocked Seabiscuit style), and one I bought in Peru, probably made out of some kind of rat.

4 Panamas: 2 Montecristis and 2 Cuencas, the latter of which are from the 40s...KC

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I have 11 counting two fedora straws, 3 Western hats (including one straw) and dress fedoras. I may be able to add 2-3 more but any more and I'd be sleeping in the basement.;)

On the dress side, two Whippets, one Beaver Major, 3 Open Roads (two in the original cattleman's bash, one fedora bash for knockin' around.)

JerseyJones

Vendor
Well, lets see
3 Akubra Feds Brown, Black and Grey
A PB Custom Indy
A PB Borsalino Indy
An Adventurebilt Pure Beaver
An original 1980's HJ Indy
A 2004 Era HJ
2 Camptown Hats 001 and 013
An Optimo Fed Midnight Black
A Custom Panama

So that's 12. Yeah. I have issues.

JJ

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
I have twenty-eight or nine... thirty plus if I include cloth caps. But some of them don't fit. There are a few I bought on Ebay that were not quite the right size, or severly shrunken... a few I bought just coz they looked so pretty... and a few I bought years ago, before all that lernin' made my head so big.

So there are about 22 that I wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner