Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many planets

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
jake431 said:
I dunno, 6 months without his wife? try to find a guy who's been married a while who doesn't smile involuntarily at that thought.

Bwhahaha... While I would normally agree, Pluto was a bit possessive. I mean he DID kidnap Persephone to marry her afterall... so her being out of his sight for 6 months! I think he needs some time with Dr. Phil after this...

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Doc" Devereux]lol Would you like some help with that chainsaw? [SIZE="1 said:
Shop smart - shop S-Mart![/SIZE]

Hahaha don't get me quoting any more than I have to! Hahaha Actually, I was Bruce Campbell for Halloween one year. Not Ash or Brisco... but BRUCE!!! Hahahahaa Crazy!

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
LolitaHaze said:
Hahaha don't get me quoting any more than I have to! Hahaha Actually, I was Bruce Campbell for Halloween one year. Not Ash or Brisco... but BRUCE!!! Hahahahaa Crazy!

Now THAT must have been something to see! The man... The legend... The chin!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
FANGIRL ALERT!!!

[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]Now THAT must have been something to see! The man... The legend... The chin![/QUOTE]

Hahaha Now I didn't have the chin... but... This was Halloween 2001 I think... I was Lucille Ball the next day. My girlfriend was Danny Elfman. We went as our obsessions... er... I -- I -- I mean crushes!
BD02.jpg

BD03.jpg

BD01.jpg

B01.jpg

I met him earlier that year and then the year as well.
20b61f8a.jpg

loandbruce.jpg

Jupiter

New in Town
What on Earth are you people talking about, and what does it have to do with the topic at hand? (Not being snarky, I'm just baffled by the recent exchange...)

Jupiter

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Boy, are we :eek:fftopic:

You met him? Too cool! And that's a healthy-looking comic shop there as well.

I won't mention the Oingo Boingo if you don't...

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Jupiter said:
What on Earth are you people talking about, and what does it have to do with the topic at hand? (Not being snarky, I'm just baffled by the recent exchange...)

Jupiter

Sorry about that Jupiter. A line from The Day the Earth Stood Still (or Army of Darkness) was mentioned and the fangirl in me took over. I then quoted Army of Darkness, which was met by a reference to the movie, and in turn I posted photos of me as the actor from the film and photos of my meeting him. My apologizes for letting the fangirl inside run wild. :)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]Boy, are we :eek:fftopic:

You met him? Too cool! And that's a healthy-looking comic shop there as well.

I won't mention the Oingo Boingo if you don't...[/QUOTE]

Hehehe No Boingo lyrics from you or me? Deal! :) Although I like them too... :eek:fftopic: I know! I know! :eek:fftopic: lol lol lol

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
LolitaHaze said:
Sorry about that Jupiter. A line from The Day the Earth Stood Still (or Army of Darkness) was mentioned and the fangirl in me took over. I then quoted Army of Darkness, which was met by a reference to the movie, and in turn I posted photos of me as the actor from the film and photos of my meeting him. My apologizes for letting the fangirl inside run wild. :)

Hey, at least you didn't go 'Squee'! lol

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Jupiter said:
Clyde Tombaugh was still just a fresh-faced kid when he was hired off of a Kansas farm by the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona to work on their "Planet X" program,.....I spoke with Clyde shortly before he died about the "planet/not a planet" controversy surrounding Pluto. He found the whole thing amusing and couldn't have cared less about the outcome. He was a very nice man, very easy-going, and a great friend to many in the astronomical community.

I'm sure he's smiling today, in spite of the decision to demote Pluto.

Jupiter
Wow, that's cool. Thank you for sharing this with us.

:eek:fftopic: Lolita, these pics are super cute!!:cool2:

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
From what I read, they plan to call them dwarfs. I predict some small protests and then a renaming to "little planets".

Lolita,

You met the man himself? Lucky.

And you make a cute man... er, girl...er, never mind. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner