Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many States Have You Visited?

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
NSW (of course), Victoria, South Australia, Queensland and the ACT (although that's not technically a state, it's a territory). Yet to visit Western Australia, Tasmania, and the Northern Territory (you guessed it, the last one isn't a state either!).

As for the USA, only New York and Hawaii.

Trickeration

Practically Family
52Styleline said:
Don't be too impressed. I can thank the good old US Navy for the largest share of my International travel and most of it wasn't luxury travel by any standard of measurement. Europe and S. Africa were all civilian tourist trips though as were Brazil and Costa Rica. All the rest were courtesy of Uncle Sam's Canoe Club.

My husband was on subs (fast attacks, and he'd agree, less than luxurious). He didn't pull into too many ports, but he was underwater in cool places. Even went to the North Pole 4 times. He's been to the same places I have, plus Spain, Scotland, Nova Scotia, Greece, Norway, and Puerto Rico

GwenLake

One of the Regulars
Well, if we're going to talk countries:

Lithuania
Latvia
Hungry
Denmark
Netherlands
Germany
UK
Canada
Egypt
Czech
Slovakia
Austria
Poland

Not bad for being only 15, eh?

Thin Man

New in Town
I've been to 21 states roughtly evenly split between the two coasts as an adult, but I've been to many more as as child; I'd estimate another 15 at least. My father was a college professor and he took full advantage of the regular sabbaticals he was offered. As a family we drove the length of the country 4 times (coming and going) from CA to MA and CA to RI taking different routes each time, and I remember CA to KA and CA to OR as well. We did a lot of sight seeing on those trips and to this day I (and my wife) love a good road trip.

Mr. Sable

A-List Customer
I've only been to ten states, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, North and South Dakota, California, New York, New Jersey, Arizona, and Georgia.

Then again, I'm Canadian.

Provinces/Territories: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, and New Brunswick. Seven out of thirteen (or have they added another? They keep doing that).

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Not many.

Let's see.... I've been to: California, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, Indianna, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Kentucky. So that makes only 15, and I've never been out of the US either. ;)

Mr. Sable

A-List Customer
I don't think it's a competition, Mr. Diamondback, just something interesting.

I've never been to a third country as yet. It's a big enough deal to me that I've been able to go to Los Angeles every year for the past few years.

Ecuador Jim

A-List Customer
Me too mate!

52Styleline said:
Don't be too impressed. I can thank the good old US Navy for the largest share of my International travel and most of it wasn't luxury travel by any standard of measurement. Europe and S. Africa were all civilian tourist trips though as were Brazil and Costa Rica. All the rest were courtesy of Uncle Sam's Canoe Club.

I've been blessed, both by a couple of hitches with the Navy (a proud member of the Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club), and by being a trainer who teaches seminars all over the country.

Been to all 50, plus:
Canada, Mexico, Belize, Costa Rica, Honduras, Puerto Rico, Guam, Micronesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Hong Kong, Taiwan, the Phillippines, Micronesia, Wake Island, Kwajelein, Midway, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, McMurdo, Iran, Singapore, New Guinea, Djibouti, Australia, and Norway.

You're right...most of those trips people pay a ton of money for. Our traveling conditions were either a porthole, or a seat on some sort of noisy aircraft!

If you made it to McMurdo, any chance you were in VXE-6?
Fair winds and following seas to all fellow travelers! :)

zaika

One Too Many
wow. some of you are really well travelled!
let's see here...i've really only ever visited both seaboards, but sad to say...nothing in the middle.

Oregon, Washington, California, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusets, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine.

I love the rural South, I have to say. And Maine. I loved Maine. But my heart will always be in Oregon. :)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I live in California, but I've been to Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico (by mistake), Utah, Idaho, Montana, and Virginia. I've also been to Mexico: Tiajuana twice, and I took a train trip from Mexicali to Puerto Penasco and back.

Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran