Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many years have you been at the same job?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
17 years writing software documentation for the same systems. (At 11 years, I survived the company being acquired and the subsequent layoff of two-thirds of the staff!)

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

As of next week, I'll have been at this aerospace company for 30 years. Another 20 and I can retire....

I can't retire anyway, I gotta have something to do, might as well get paid for it.

Later

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
25 years in the railway engineering workshops. Making the trains nice and comfortable to ride on.
And I will 'grass' on anyone without a ticket if they think they can use my trains for free:cool: Even if they are basically overpriced cattle trucks.

Last edited:

Old Rogue

Practically Family
Been at the same place for 32 years come 29 June of this year. I've held several positions over the years, starting as a helper repairing pneumatic/hydraulic valves and regulators, then becoming an electronic test instrument calibration technician, a technician with the automated systems engineering group, a server administrator in the IT department, and finally went over to the dark side and became a manager in the IT department which is my current position.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Dang! My Great Grandpa was a Circus Clown for PT Barnum until he was in his early 20's, started with them at age 15, then worked for the Pontiac Police and Fire Department as their dispatch, he worked there for 51 years, passing up collecting his pension a few times and finally retired from that, build cabins to rent out to fishermen and hunters, but worked at his local High School as a janitor, worked until several days before he died at the age of 99.

I've had too many career changes to have too many years at any one of them, but I am basically retired presently after having owned a commercial building company and manufacturing shop. My Medical health retired me.

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
Working as full time Fire Fighter for 17 years.
The new 911 call has now become the, "help me out because I can't use common sense system".
Examples are: my Battery's going dead, I just don't feel right, and any call to the Doctor exempts the Dr. from liability w/ a " if you think this is a emergency call 911".

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Started my full-time working life just over fourteen years ago in the same department for which I still work. My contract gives a retirement date of 1st September, 2039....

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
I am removing the title from Tom. Just started a job at the local Casual Male clothing store here about a week ago. I enjoy it, and am sad to have to leave it soon, but another job is lined up... Army here I come!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy