Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much would you pay for a vintage necktie?

How much would you pay for a vintage necktie?

• Total voters

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I have paid some fairly hefty cash for a really nice tie, be it vintage or no. There would be a clash as to what would be classified as a vintage tie, as I have some that are called, "vintage" from the fashion world, brand name Versace, and some that are "vintage" due to being from the time era of the 1930's to 1950's.

My over all favorite tie is silk, from Italy made about 1950. It is a blend of wide and colors from the old age, but has a deep print in it to make it fit in with wearing it with anything.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I have enjoyed greatly some of the posts and pictures of real vintage ties from all those lounge members that take the time to share them with us all.

Saying that brings to ask, anyone have any vintage with what I call "illustrations" of Cowboy scenes on them? I see a few every now and then on the eBay...but nothing I would desire to own....(sigh).....

DamianM

Vendor
$(KGrHqR,!o!FBb00cQ+-BQs+iWwB)w~~60_57.JPG

I sold this a little bit ago

like this?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Yes that is about what I was making mention. I have seen a few that show a gun fight scene with a fading background on the front of it being in a old saloon....another with a rider busting a bronc with a onlooking crowd, very detailed in ways sort of less cartoonish but still not photographic in nature....the one you show here is very nice, no mistake even looking at the illustration that it is true vintage, sort of makes you look to see what the fellow on the right sitting down may have in his hand?

Yes that is about what I was making mention. I have seen a few that show a gun fight scene with a fading background on the front of it being in a old saloon....another with a rider busting a bronc with a onlooking crowd, very detailed in ways sort of less cartoonish but still not photographic in nature....the one you show here is very nice, no mistake even looking at the illustration that it is true vintage, sort of makes you look to see what the fellow on the right sitting down may have in his hand?

Sort of reminds me of this ad:
pbp2qjjla98iji.jpg

1947 Signet Duel in the Sun series. I only have the first one on the left--Bronco buster. I can't find any of the others. Good luck after over sixty years has passed. I would pay waaaay more for the other ties to complete the set.

^^Yeah, you know my fiscal philosophy all right...There is a Goodwill in downtown Glendale that sells ties for a buck, but they never have any good vintage ones...

Probably because they cost a buck. :p Once in a while you should be able to find some cool stuff down there. All I find are nasty 70s ties in thrift stores etc. Great. Hang that next to the Elvis on velvet. :rolleyes:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
^^Well, at the Goodwill store in Lincoln Heights, where almost everything is thrown into bins, I did make two great scores of '40s and '50s ties, and that's the end of the road store for everything that doesn't sell at the other Goodwills. If it doesn't sell there, it's literally thrown out the back by the train tracks...

^^Well, at the Goodwill store in Lincoln Heights, where almost everything is thrown into bins, I did make two great scores of '40s and '50s ties, and that's the end of the road store for everything that doesn't sell at the other Goodwills. If it doesn't sell there, it's literally thrown out the back by the train tracks...

I would be searching by the train tracks. :p
Find me the rest of the Duel in the Sun series. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925