Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How often do you wear your hat?

Another old thread that I found interesting. I have hats for all occasions....well, I’m still missing a topper, but sometimes it’s inconvenient to wear a hat. A lot of indoor places don’t provide a place to store one’s hat.

I always wear a hat to work, but that’s 15 seconds to the car, 30 seconds from the car to my office, and then the hat stays on a hat stand until I go home and repeat the process in reverse order. It’s common that my hat for the day is on my head for less than two minutes a day...except for when I wear them inside my home. I couldn’t stop wearing hats to work if I wanted to as my coworkers wouldn’t allow it. :)

It’s another story when I’m out and about, working in the yard, going on an outing, etc. It’s easy to wear a hat all day when outdoors, and that’s one of the reasons that I’ve come to like westerns so much. A dress hat gets little head time, but a hat with lots of sun blocking brim gets worn all day when I’m afield.

Another old thread that I found interesting. I have hats for all occasions....well, I’m still missing a topper, but sometimes it’s inconvenient to wear a hat. A lot of indoor places don’t provide a place to store one’s hat.

I always wear a hat to work, but that’s 15 seconds to the car, 30 seconds from the car to my office, and then the hat stays on a hat stand until I go home and repeat the process in reverse order. It’s common that my hat for the day is on my head for less than two minutes a day...except for when I wear them inside my home. I couldn’t stop wearing hats to work if I wanted to as my coworkers wouldn’t allow it. :)

It’s another story when I’m out and about, working in the yard, going on an outing, etc. It’s easy to wear a hat all day when outdoors, and that’s one of the reasons that I’ve come to like westerns so much. A dress hat gets little head time, but a hat with lots of sun blocking brim gets worn all day when I’m afield.
My dirty little secret is that I started out 50 years ago collecting baseball caps. I have about 50 of them, all sized (never the adjustable or snap back models) many of them from minor league ball teams so when I am working in my shop I invariably have on one of my ball caps. Although in deference if I am making a hat I do wear a real hat as a ball cap would be blasphemous or at least disrespectful. I do still love my ball caps.

My dirty little secret is that I started out 50 years ago collecting baseball caps. I have about 50 of them, all sized (never the adjustable or snap back models) many of them from minor league ball teams so when I am working in my shop I invariably have on one of my ball caps. Although in deference if I am making a hat I do wear a real hat as a ball cap would be blasphemous or at least disrespectful. I do still love my ball caps.

Next you’re going to confess you enjoy torturing small animals. ;)
I’ll confess to occasionally wearing a ball cap, but only when it’s a required item at work; I just never cared much for them. My wife wears a few of them occasionally, but she looks great in anything.

Next you’re going to confess you enjoy torturing small animals. ;)
I’ll confess to occasionally wearing a ball cap, but only when it’s a required item at work; I just never cared much for them. My wife wears a few of them occasionally, but she looks great in anything.
Admitting to wearing and liking ball caps is as far as I am willing to reveal. That is enough soul baring for one life time.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Interesting read thru the older posts. I would have to say the posts on the What Hat Are You Wearing thread speak volumes for How often do you wear hats/caps.

+1 for hats/caps for occasions.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi
I wear a hat to work, back when I had to go somewhere anyway. I started more than 10 years ago when I went to a minor league baseball game. I put sun block on the back of my neck, but didn't think about putting any on my ears. They got burnt enough that the entire back of each ear came off about 2 days later. I got a Sunbody first.
Later

As the "Bandit" Burt Reynolds once said " I take my hat off for one thing, and one thing only.

You know, Perry, I admire the sentiment, but I can’t say I liked Burt’s hats. :)

52AF777F-149E-4B84-8D8C-70BA845EE580.jpeg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Our wearing habits are similar, Brent, although I do get to move around between buildings once or twice a day...and going for lunch...so maybe a few minutes more hat time during the week. Weekends - I wear hats any time I'm outside. I have my small collection of ball caps, but those are reserved for, well, baseball games! With the recent shelter in place, my hat time has been reduced significantly.

SteveFord

A-List Customer
With working at home due to the plague it's pretty much wake up, put on a hat and take it off to shower and sleep. It must look ridiculous to wear a dress hat indoors but I figure the wife and dog are used to me by now.
Before the creeping crud hit it was don't wear a hat indoors as that's bad form, kind of like the guys who get off of their motorcycles and keep their helmets on and walk around wearing them.

With working at home due to the plague it's pretty much wake up, put on a hat and take it off to shower and sleep. It must look ridiculous to wear a dress hat indoors but I figure the wife and dog are used to me by now.
Before the creeping crud hit it was don't wear a hat indoors as that's bad form, kind of like the guys who get off of their motorcycles and keep their helmets on and walk around wearing them.

You take your hat off when you shower? I see you’re lukewarm on your commitment.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Interesting read thru the older posts. I would have to say the posts on the What Hat Are You Wearing thread speak volumes for How often do you wear hats/caps.

+1 for hats/caps for occasions.
I was looking at some of the older posts and I wonder where some of those people went. James Powers posted for 11 years, over 54,000 posts and just vanished.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo